Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Danish2
What's DOS?
Views: 1,008
Message 1 of 5

Bootloader Unlock AT&T

Hello,

I'd like to know if I can get my phone's bootloader unlock code? I've heard they're not available at the moment. If that's the case can you please confirm when can I expect them to be? Thank you.

Regards.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bootloader Unlock AT&T

Where did you see this posted? If you have a source, we can look into it. 

And then you would have to go to the unlock site, and request the code. I doubt AT&T would do this though, they have never done it before. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 5

I thought you said you heard it was available.  

Moto X 2014 carrier branded phones have never had an unlockable boot loader. 

You should not expect this to change. If an unlockable boot loader is desired, then purchase the 2014 Moto X Pure edition. It has always been the same price as ATT version when purchased from Motorola. 

I assume you got the ATT version for a discount. For the savings you forego an unlockable boot loader. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
ArabAbe
Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 5

I actually heard you can use the Motorola method to unlock your bootloader but it will void your warranty since it is a carrier version.
Abe
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 5

ArabAbe said:

I actually heard you can use the Motorola method to unlock your bootloader but it will void your warranty since it is a carrier version.View original

Was that your barber's mother's uncle's half-brohter's cousin too? Smiley Happy

The list of unlockable phones has not changed - carrier branded can't be unlocked unless it was a developer edition.