Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottSmithy
What's DOS?
Views: 3,605
Message 1 of 10

Dial Pad not appearing

Anyone else having an issue with the Phone Dial Pad not initially appearing after tapping it? I have to open the phone app, select dial pad once, close it, then open dial pad again in order for it to display.

This also occurs when on a call; I must tap the dial pad icon three times to get it to show.

Scott

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 10

Re: Dial Pad not appearing

Yes, I see this.  ... Unfortunately, I believe it is a carry-over issue from the OGX.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 3 of 10

Do you have Developer Options enabled? If so, have you modified the animation settings?

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 10

Yup.  I had my animation settings set to OFF (all 3 of them).  

Disabling Dev Options or settings the animations to .5x will make my dial pad appear on the first try.  Yay! Smiley Happy

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
ScottSmithy
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 10

Turning animations back on was it for me as well...thanks, @Mark!

Jefferydharrell
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 10

Every now and then I can open my dialer and it will automatically close as soon as it opens. Same with text and hangouts at this time. Only fix I've seen is a reboot. Happens very often. I'm on my 3rd motox 2 same issues.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 10

Jefferydharrell said:

Every now and then I can open my dialer and it will automatically close as soon as it opens. Same with text and hangouts at this time. Only fix I've seen is a reboot. Happens very often. I'm on my 3rd motox 2 same issues.View original

Almost sounds like there is some bad data in your Contacts, since all 3 of those apps use contact listings.

ChiRuTha
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 10

I am living with this bug from close to 6 months until I found the solution or rather work-around at this forum today Smiley Happy How can switch off animation would take away the basic things!!

Note to others who find the same problem - In addition to changes in animation settings as said by other in the thread, you need to restart the mobile to see the changes Smiley Happy

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 10

ChiRuTha said:

I am living with this bug from close to 6 months until I found the solution or rather work-around at this forum today Smiley Happy How can switch off animation would take away the basic things!!

Note to others who find the same problem - In addition to changes in animation settings as said by other in the thread, you need to restart the mobile to see the changes Smiley Happy

View original

Can you specifically say what you changed and where those settings are? They might be helpful to others. Did you at one time change the animation settings? The default settings have always worked fine for me, so I am curious if yours were changed and that is what was causing the issue. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Highlighted
awordqueen
What's DOS?
Views: 505
Message 10 of 10

I am having the same issue with the dialpad on my Moto Z4.  When I press the dialpad icon, I get the "add contact" page instead of the dialpad.  I have tried the solutions offered here about adjusting  animation settings  or turning them off, and it hasn't helped.

Need another solution, please.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More