Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asalzman
What's DOS?
Views: 269
Message 1 of 11

Moto X 2nd Gen Bluetooth

Ever since my phone updated to 6.0 my Bluetooth isn't working.  I've paired it a gain, still no luck.  I can dial but there is no voice going either direction.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 11

Re: Moto X 2nd Gen Bluetooth

Factory reset. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
asalzman
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 11

Won't I lose everything if I do this?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 11

Yes, you will. There are app that will backup your data for you. My Backup Pro will backup your contacts, SMS, MMS, call log, music, photos and more. It is very convenient to use. There are other apps that will work on the Play Store as well. This is one that I use, so I know I can trust it and recommend it.

Doing a reset may get everything working properly again. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

asalzman
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 11

Thank you for the information.  If I do the factory reset will I have to do the 6.0 update again?  It sounds like that was the root of the problem.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 11

No, you won't have to upgrade again. The factory data reset will only delete all user data and set the phone to out of the box state, but on 6.0. Once upgraded it won't downgrade. I believe that your problems will be fixed, though, with a reset. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

bluemasonjar
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 11

FWIW, bluetooth on this phone has been terrible. I can't get it to work regularly on audio, car, or fitness devices. So that kinda sucks. I just don't know what to do to improve it.

RolfE
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 11

Hi all,

while FR reduced the re-connect intervals between my phone and the car bluetooth (instead of every 3 minutes, it now reconnects after 15' or so), my plantronics and phone now don't connect anymore at all ... just great Smiley Sad

So we just had to wait for 6.0.1

--rolf

surrealjam
Punch Card
Message 9 of 11

Sadly, if you google "marshmallow bluetooth problems" you will be hit with lots of results. It seems common across any devices...

I guess this is the problem with Motorola getting Marshmallow out the door so fast. Great that we got it so soon but also we're on the initial 6.0 build before any patches have been issued by Google. I'm not sure how likely it is that Motorola will go to the effort of building, testing and deploying 6.0.1 (or any future 6.0.x releases)... we're also getting dangerously close the standard 18 month support window.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 10 of 11

In Marshmallow there is an option called network settings reset (in settings>>>backup & reset).  Try that. 

It will reset

1. wifi

2. cellular

3. bluetooth

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."