Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMOTO X™ 1st Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

04-27-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Assist/Voice needs improved functionality over BT

2015-06-26, 19:49 PM

Bluetooth lags. That's the nature of the problem. As a result, when Moto Assist/Voice reads my texts to me and asks me if I want to respond, it screws up all the time. The phone starts listening for my response before my car bluetooth has finished playing the prompt. I wind up getting things like "what's the message..." at the top of my voice response because the phone started listening for me while it was still talking to me through Bluetooth and it listened to itself talking to me.

It would be amazing if there was an option somewhere in Assist/Voice to send the audio/prompts through my phone speaker instead of through Bluetooth audio so I wouldn't have this problem. Obviously, I would still like to be able to play music and talk on the phone using the Bluetooth audio, but the lag is just too horrendous to reliably use Assist/Voice when connected to Bluetooth.

This is a glaring problem that needs to be fixed.

Options

172 Posts

02-10-2010

Vancouver, BC, Canada

410 Signins

3291 Page Views

• Views: 3291
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Assist/Voice needs improved functionality over BT

2015-06-27, 3:39 AM
If you go to your main phone settings, then Moto, then Voice, there a setting for Audio Troubleshooting. Have you tried it? It says it's for when your bluetooth or car audio is inconsistent. Definitely worth a try....
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms