Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMOTO X™ 1st Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

30 Posts

06-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 41 of 51

Re: Motorola Launch Event July 28 @ 9am ET

2015-07-29, 0:32 AM
Where does the line form?
Options

26 Posts

05-02-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 42 of 51

2015-07-29, 3:21 AM

AC2K14 said:

Mark (Forums Manager) said:

After Google informed us in late June, we've been working to integrate, test and deploy the patches. It has been included in many of our recent Lollipop upgrades for current products and we'll include it in the remaining planned Lollipop upgrades as soon as possible. All of our products being announced today will have the patch integrated into the software.

Mark

Forums Manager

View original

So that means we already have the fix in the version we're using? That's great then. If not then I guess another update release is slated for us? Too bad Android isn't modular like Windows so the vulnerabilities like these could be just fixed away with incremental update patches.

View original

Pretty much this, how we can know if we have our phones patched already?

Options

7 Posts

11-01-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 43 of 51

2015-07-29, 13:09 PM

Mark (Forums Manager) said:

AC2K14 said:

AlphaDog said:

So every upgrade of a previous generation device should include every new feature of every new device? I don't think any company would stay in business long if that became a requirement. 

And although the chop feature can be made to work on the X, the hardware is different and there were probably other reasons it was not included.

View original

Dude this is a software feature and without even a hardware dependency. I mean the Moto Display wave to wake thing is understandable since according to them it uses the extra hardware sensors absent on the 2013 X but still the new implementation is awful, since there is absolutely zero benefit in terms of battery life especially since the IR sensor remains just as active as it used to prior to the fix.

AlphaDog said:

It is okay for a 2 year old phone to not get everything. Moto does have to sell new phones to stay in business. 

View original

Sorry, lost you right there. Where I'm from, you couldn't even buy a new Gen 1 Moto X even if you wanted so yeah, I believe Motorola already has that area covered.

Well anyways, most companies will now have to release a new update to take care of the Stagefright vulnerability after Google comes out with the fix. Will be interesting to see how Motorola handles this.

View original

After Google informed us in late June, we've been working to integrate, test and deploy the patches. It has been included in many of our recent Lollipop upgrades for current products and we'll include it in the remaining planned Lollipop upgrades as soon as possible. All of our products being announced today will have the patch integrated into the software.

Mark

Forums Manager

View original

Options

7 Posts

11-01-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 44 of 51

2015-07-29, 13:18 PM

It boggles the mind how opaque Motorolla is ... I mean really - " included in many of our recent ..." what constitutes recent?, last week, last month, last minute? ... why cant you just say which builds? or maybe just say what "remaining" really covers.

This is basically a non-answer.

Options

19 Posts

07-29-2015

United States of America

31 Signins

469 Page Views

• Views: 469
  • Message 45 of 51

2015-07-29, 13:40 PM

What would be **really** helpful would be for Motorola to publish a list of SW version numbers that have the fix - even if that means this list has to include a version number for every carrier/device combination. Or, perhaps say - "If your XXX device received an update after XX/XX/2015, then you have the Stagefright fix."

Just give us something we can use to check the device ourselves and not just post repeated questions here. 

That way, we look at the list, and then we can go ping our carriers if we don't see the fix.   wink

I am running a 2nd Gen Moto X, on VZW's network, and the device got an update on July 7, so I am thinking it is likely that I am covered.  But I'd really like to know for certain.  I think most Moto users are in the same boat - we just want to know. 

Options

560 Posts

12-11-2014

Italy, Mexico, USA

4 Signins

119 Page Views

• Views: 119
  • Message 46 of 51

2015-07-29, 17:27 PM

@joelbon, I have a question: So as my X is unable to charge the battery, I was thinking to wait for the Moto X 2015 Pure Edition and to buy right now a Moto G 3d gen but what I am noticing is that the prices between MX and US are really really different, that didn't happened with the Moto X 1st Gen when I bought it.

Any reason why should I buy the Moto G 3d Gen in Mexico starting at $230 when I could buy it in US starting at $179? It's a $50 USD of difference and if I buy it now and send it to the Newport Beach office I can ask a co worker to send it in MX for about $15 USD - but the warranty will be a hell... 

Is there something that can be done to make the prices coherent maintain the same price? 

Edit:

So I customized the Moto G in both MX and US site:

• Price in MX for 16gb/2gb RAM: $262 USD

• Price in US for 16gb/2gb RAM: $219 USD

Total $43 USD of Difference.

I speak many languages, sorry if not even one sounds like genuine...
Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971
  • Message 47 of 51

2015-07-29, 17:48 PM

YoGem said:

@joelbon, I have a question: So as my X is unable to charge the battery, I was thinking to wait for the Moto X 2015 Pure Edition and to buy right now a Moto G 3d gen but what I am noticing is that the prices between MX and US are really really different, that didn't happened with the Moto X 1st Gen when I bought it.

Any reason why should I buy the Moto G 3d Gen in Mexico starting at $230 when I could buy it in US starting at $179? It's a $50 USD of difference and if I buy it now and send it to the Newport Beach office I can ask a co worker to send it in MX for about $15 USD - but the warranty will be a hell... 

Is there something that can be done to make the prices coherent maintain the same price? 

Edit:

View original

Yeah, I cannot answer this question. I don't know why there is a price difference between countries. It could be possible that they don't sell as many handsets in Mexico as they do the US. That could bring the price up. 

I also don't know what the differences are either. Make sure that you check the bands that you need in Mexico with the bands on the US handset to make sure it is compatible with the carrier you are using in Mexico. Wish I could help more.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Options

560 Posts

12-11-2014

Italy, Mexico, USA

4 Signins

119 Page Views

• Message 48 of 51

2015-07-29, 17:57 PM

joelbon said:

YoGem said:

Edit:

View original

Yeah, I cannot answer this question. I don't know why there is a price difference between countries. It could be possible that they don't sell as many handsets in Mexico as they do the US. That could bring the price up. 

I also don't know what the differences are either. Make sure that you check the bands that you need in Mexico with the bands on the US handset to make sure it is compatible with the carrier you are using in Mexico. Wish I could help more.

View original

Thank you, bands are the same. Are exactly the same devices and as far as I know Moto sells very well in Mexico thru their retail channels and carriers (except Telcel). Oh well.. I'll buy in US then. Hopefully I'll never need to use the warranty.

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 49 of 51

2015-07-29, 18:32 PM

joelbon said:

YoGem said:

Edit:

View original

View original

Could also be an issue of import taxes....

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

560 Posts

12-11-2014

Italy, Mexico, USA

4 Signins

119 Page Views

• Message 50 of 51

2015-08-03, 21:13 PM

eaccents said:

joelbon said:

YoGem said:

Edit:

View original

View original

Could also be an issue of import taxes....

View original

As Mark is kindly spending time to check an issue I had with a Moto Rep in Mexico I asked him about the difference of price, hopefully I'll get an answer.

In the meantime I am really convinced that I am going to buy the Moto G waiting for the X Pure Edition. Seems a really great device. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms