Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMOTO X™ 1st Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

09-11-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 61 of 182

Re: Verizon - Trouble with Call Quality

2013-09-15, 21:09 PM

MK1151,  Your experience is identical to what I posted as well in both forums.  Anytime there is a lot of background noise at the remote end, my voice starts clipping.  I could reproduce this consistently by simply having the person at the remote end make some noise such as typing.  We also noticed it a lot when she was on her handsfree car unit.  It created a lot of wind noise, so she could not hear me from my Moto X well.   I could reproduce with lots of people on lots of different types of phones and landlines.

Leaving a voicemail sounded perfect because there was no background noise from the voicemail system.  The amount of noise or lack thereof on the Moto X side made no difference for me.  It was only affected by the background noise from the person I called.  Restaurants, data centers, crowds.  Pretty much anything with a lot of background noise at their end would cause me to cut out, even though my Moto X was in a quiet environment.

I had to return my Moto X before the 14 days were up, even though I loved everything else about it.  I really hope you can get this issue resolved quickly through a software patch (and that Verizon allows it to get pushed out quickly!)  Eventually, I'd like to go back to the Moto X.  Despite this experience, I love everything else about the phone and wish I could get another one.  My timing was just bad, I guess.  Too bad...

Options

6 Posts

06-28-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 62 of 182

2013-09-15, 21:24 PM

I'm glad this appears to be a software issue and not hardware. I returned two Moto X phones and now have an HTC One, I will have another Moto X Tuesday as I like it better than the HTC. If I would have known this was a software issue early on it would have saved me a lot of grief. The move from 30 to 14 days by Verizon to swap a phone doesn't help for new phones. By the time this phone has been somewhat determined to be software related there has been way to many Moto X phones sent back. I would have held on to mine if I would have known. Also I believe new phones should be tested for a few weeks by a larger number of people to find the bugs. The best testers are most of the people on this forum and I know darn well many of you would love to test new phones for a few weeks at a time.

Options

343 Posts

03-20-2013

United States of America

6 Signins

109 Page Views

• Views: 109
  • Message 63 of 182

2013-09-15, 22:16 PM
i for one dont like to beg.

but i will plead and grovel if it helps!
Options

9 Posts

09-13-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 64 of 182

2013-09-15, 22:19 PM

Lograf said:

This was just posted on the android central forum:

Folks, there is fix in the works from Motorola, see this post

https://plus.google.com/104011926387...ts/9bSuwT3YSqg

"Hey folks, we're adjusting echo cancellation parameters in the upcoming over-the-air (OTA) maintenance release. I am confirming that this should address the issues we're seeing here.  Will post-back with confirmation shortly."

View original

Very nice. This is some good news. Thank you for sharing here! Seeming like Motorola is doing better, and hopefully this will be pushed out shortly. One can hope that since this should be a simple tweak, that Verizon (and all the other carriers) don't hold this up.

With returns, unhappy customers, etc., esp. for a "flagship" phone like this, I would hope that since it's good for carrier and Moto business, that they get this out ASAP.

Options

4825 Posts

03-15-2011

United States of America

19 Signins

269 Page Views

• Views: 269
  • Message 65 of 182

2013-09-16, 1:53 AM

I feel obligated to offer the disclaimer - a comment in a G+ thread doesn't constitute a commitment or a timeline. I don't work for Moto but I've been helping out around the forums enough to know that until it's been formally announced, it's not real.

Do I believe Moto will address this? Yes. I'm just saying to manage your expectations. It takes time to get an OTA update out between testing and carrier approvals.

I appreciate those who have left such detailed information about how to reproduce the problem, and the polite and tactful way everyone has been commenting.

Options

23 Posts

09-10-2013

United States

14 Signins

177 Page Views

• Views: 177
  • Message 66 of 182

2013-09-16, 3:37 AM

Thanks, Matt. I appreciate your candidness. I have a question, though. Earlier in this thread you stated that Motorola engineers were looking into this issue. Since you don't work for Motorola I have to ask whether this is speculation/assumption on your part based on your experience here in the forums or whether you've been in direct communication with Motorola over this issue. I've really appreciated your posts and help here in the forums and have been  hoping the latter is true. Can you shed some light on the nature of your relationship with Motorola and provide any kind of assurance that Motorola and Google are actually aware of this specific issue and working on it?

Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971
  • Message 67 of 182

2013-09-16, 6:56 AM

MykelP said:

Thanks, Matt. I appreciate your candidness. I have a question, though. Earlier in this thread you stated that Motorola engineers were looking into this issue. Since you don't work for Motorola I have to ask whether this is speculation/assumption on your part based on your experience here in the forums or whether you've been in direct communication with Motorola over this issue. I've really appreciated your posts and help here in the forums and have been  hoping the latter is true. Can you shed some light on the nature of your relationship with Motorola and provide any kind of assurance that Motorola and Google are actually aware of this specific issue and working on it?

View original

I'm not MK, but I can say that as a MotoXprt (moderator) we have access to Matt the forums manager and are able to get the problems that we see on the forums to him without him having to look for them. We are his eyes and ears here. We report to him and he reports issues he feels need to be reported to the engineering team. 

This is one of those issues that he reported. The MotoXprts are not Moto employees, but we have great access to a Motorola employee that cares deeply about the problems that come up in this forum. They are all taken very seriously and trust me that this issue is being looked at by the engineers. I only know that because Matt (Forums Manager) told us that he reported it. HTH

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Options

4825 Posts

03-15-2011

United States of America

19 Signins

269 Page Views

• Views: 269
  • Message 68 of 182

2013-09-16, 9:19 AM

Like joelbon said - me (MK) is not Matt - Matt IS a Moto employee, which is probably why he cannot comment on anything that isn't official.

Me (MK) and others like joelbon have the MotoXprt tag next to our names - this means we're volunteers and peer support people that are here to try and help everyone get the most out of their moto stuff.

That said, I know this thread has gotten the attention of actual Moto employees and it is being looked into, because as Matt's eyes and ears, we've reported it and Moto has acknowledged it.

I just wanted to set expectation that there is a difference between a comment on G+ and an official page or note on a Moto or carrier website.

Options

86 Posts

01-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 69 of 182

2013-09-16, 18:14 PM

I just had my first experience with this issue.  I was talking to an insurance claims agent and he was having problems hearing me - said I was cutting out.  Guess I don't normally call people in noisy locations.  So sad - i thought I was one of the lucky ones - apparently not.  Hopefully this gets resolved quickly - Love my Moto X  - don't want a different phone.  got it on August 30th so I'm passed the return period anyway.

Options

16 Posts

09-16-2013

United States

5 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 70 of 182

2013-09-16, 19:05 PM

Wow! Am I glad I stumbled across this issue. I was actually searching for info on how my Moto X keeps randomly auto-launching the Google Voice Search feature. This is an slight annoyance, but I have been getting very tired of people on the side of my calls complaining about the fact they can't hear all my words. At first, I thought it was just my parents and the fact that their hearing may be getting worse, but I'm starting to hear the complaints from everyone I speak with.

Like others, I don't hear the complaints when I'm on speaker phone or my car's Bluetooth. In fact, the two-way communication seems tons better via speaker and BT than my previous phone. However, talking through the handset is becoming very frustrating... since I have to keep repeating myself.

Like @desertdummy, I too am past Verizon's return period. My last 2 phones have been HTC's and I decided to jump ship for the Moto X. I really like this phone. I just hope Motorola is able to resolve this issue with the aforementioned OTA update.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms