Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMOTO X™ 2nd Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

59 Posts

09-18-2012

United States of America

91 Signins

1444 Page Views

• Views: 1444
  • Message 1 of 11

Camera Focus Issues

2015-07-20, 22:12 PM

I am not able to use mobile deposit with either of my 2 banks  mobile apps.

Huntington and Telhio

Both reject the check images for poor picture quality.

The apps both worked fine (and still do) with my old Atrix HD and my wife's iPhone 4s.

right now I have gone back to using my Atrix-HD on wifi for my deposits till I can get the problem resolved.

Motorola customer support has been of no help, there for here I am.

Has anyone here had similar issues with their Moto X 2nd Gen or do I just have bad camera?

The phone is still under warranty till 01/2016

I have the latest updated version of the camera app. Version 5.0.21.4

I am running  Android Ver. 5.1

I have done a reset on the phone and cleared the cache

Options

329 Posts

06-02-2010

United States

16 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 2 of 11

Re: Camera Focus Issues

2015-07-21, 13:23 PM

I've experienced focus issues at well at various times. It wasn't always that way, so I'm not sure why/when it started. One thing I have found that helps is, after the camera's been activated, if you move the phone away from the object and closer again (or sometimes very close and then bring it back), the autofocus will activate.

Your mileage may vary.

Options

32 Posts

04-08-2015

United States of America

10 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 3 of 11

2015-07-21, 14:14 PM

That's interesting.  I had trouble before the 5.1 upgrade, but every time since my check deposit pics have been working perfectly.  If the check is large, I will put something in the middle of the check back (i.e. small paper clip, penny) so that the camera will focus on that, and the detail on the edges (signature, etc) come out good too.

I have the latest Motorola and Google camera apps.  Hope it starts working for you - being able to deposit checks on the app is one awesome feature!

Options

142 Posts

04-05-2012

United States of America

27 Signins

215 Page Views

• Views: 215
  • Message 4 of 11

2015-07-21, 14:34 PM

Actually, since using my MotoX 2nd gen, I finally stopped having issues using the deposit feature with my bank.

Hoping once my replacement device shows up, it will continue in that fashion.

Options

59 Posts

09-18-2012

United States of America

91 Signins

1444 Page Views

• Message 5 of 11

2015-07-21, 18:28 PM

I've made as many as 20 attempts on one of the checks trying different options angles back grounds and distances nothing seems to help.. My Atrix HD and IPhone 4s never took or take more than 1 try.

My son just ordered him self a new Moto X gen 2 as soon as he gets it I will try it to see if it works on his.

I'm just a bit disappointed that Moto's tech support always has the same answer for every issue "Clear the cache" do a reset.

Neither of those have ever fixed anything for me I think it's just their way of saying I don't know get off the phone and leave me alone.

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 6 of 11

2015-07-21, 19:02 PM

MajorLag said:

I've made as many as 20 attempts on one of the checks trying different options angles back grounds and distances nothing seems to help.. My Atrix HD and IPhone 4s never took or take more than 1 try.

My son just ordered him self a new Moto X gen 2 as soon as he gets it I will try it to see if it works on his.

I'm just a bit disappointed that Moto's tech support always has the same answer for every issue "Clear the cache" do a reset.

Neither of those have ever fixed anything for me I think it's just their way of saying I don't know get off the phone and leave me alone.

View original

I don't know if it is your hardware or the bank software.  

I have an X2 on 5.1 and use the Chase app to deposit checks without any problems.  I do recall, however, that one version of the Chase app rejected checks repeatedly.  An update to the Chase app finally fixed the problem, and it has been fine ever since.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

59 Posts

09-18-2012

United States of America

91 Signins

1444 Page Views

• Message 7 of 11

2015-07-22, 1:28 AM

eaccents said:

I have an X2 on 5.1 and use the Chase app to deposit checks without any problems.  I do recall, however, that one version of the Chase app rejected checks repeatedly.  An update to the Chase app finally fixed the problem, and it has been fine ever since.

View original

I use both a Huntington bank app and a Telhio credit union app neither work with the X2, Both apps work with my Atrix HD and Iphone. My son got his X2 today I will try it tomorrow and see if it works.

Not sure what that will tell me or mean if it does. Maybe they will replace my phone.

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 8 of 11

2015-07-22, 15:55 PM

MajorLag said:

eaccents said:

View original

I use both a Huntington bank app and a Telhio credit union app neither work with the X2, Both apps work with my Atrix HD and Iphone. My son got his X2 today I will try it tomorrow and see if it works.

Not sure what that will tell me or mean if it does. Maybe they will replace my phone.

View original

If your son's X2, running the same version of the OS and the same versions of the bank apps WORKS but these same apps do not work on your device, it will tell you that YOUR DEVICE is somehow out of spec.  

If your son's X2, running the same version of the OS and the same versions of the bank apps DOES NOT WORK, then it is possible that the bank apps need updating.  Having others who have the same device running the same version of the OS test out the same bank apps would also be illuminating as data points.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

59 Posts

09-18-2012

United States of America

91 Signins

1444 Page Views

• Message 9 of 11

2015-07-23, 18:34 PM

Ok So I made 2 deposits yesterday 1 with each back app and both worked using my sons new Moto X2.

Next step: I will back up my X2 and do another factory reset then load only my 2 banking apps and try a check deposit.

To be continued! indecision

Options

59 Posts

09-18-2012

United States of America

91 Signins

1444 Page Views

• Message 10 of 11

2015-07-23, 20:15 PM

Ok that didn't go well still not working. sad

Looks like it's time for another call to moto support.

This should be fun..frown

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms