Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMOTO X™ 2nd Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

12-15-2015

United States

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 21

Missed calls when on LTE

2015-12-15, 13:18 PM

I have this problem. It's best described by s.rapp on the XDA forum thread "Android L Bugs Collection" as follows: "You  will receive a call, and the phone will ring like normal for the person who is calling you. They will then be taken to voicemail -- meanwhile, your screen never turns on, the phone doesn't ring, you have excellent service and you have zero idea (to include no missed call notification) that anyone has called you unless they leave a voicemail. So far, I've only been able to reproduce this issue with LTE enabled. What I'm assuming happens is that the phone can't receive a voice call while using LTE, so it attempts to change over to HSPA. When it tries to change, something effs up and the phone can't get HSPA signal on demand (I've seen my phone switch from 3 bars of LTE, to 0 bars of H while making the switch. As soon as my phone stops ringing, i'll have 3 bars of HSPA). Meanwhile, your phone is ringing like you're on the network (because you are) but because your phone can't get a signal to connect the call, the call never connects."  Anyone else?  

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 2 of 21

Re: Missed calls when on LTE

2015-12-16, 16:22 PM

Can you reproduce this every time? 

I have had this happen since I started carrying a cell phone - full signal on phone, notice i have a voice mail. No indication of missed call, person said phone rang as normal. 

The big question is - how do we know it is the phone and not the network? L has been out for a long time on the 2014 X, and there is no flood of complaints on this issue. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

6 Posts

12-15-2015

United States

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 3 of 21

2015-12-16, 18:46 PM

"The big question is - how do we know it is the phone and not the network? L has been out for a long time on the 2014 X, and there is no flood of complaints on this issue."

Uncertain.  I do know that my neighbor, who has the same service provider, is not aware of experiencing the same problem.  They use fruity phones.

Options

4 Posts

02-08-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 21

2015-12-23, 23:30 PM

Hi,

I had the same problem and it was being caused by a voice recording application. People from overseas in particular would go straight to voice mail and I was no wizer. So unless you're on Verizon the phone probably doesn't support Voice over LTE. When you get a call the phone has to switch to 3G in order for you to connect. I think the voice recording app was causing some latency issues with the down switch to 3G and phone handshake.

In anycase i uninstalled the application (voici or voisi BETA) and all works fine for me know. Hope this helps.

Options

6 Posts

12-15-2015

United States

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 5 of 21

2015-12-24, 0:41 AM

Ptikjp said:

Hi,

I had the same problem and it was being caused by a voice recording application. People from overseas in particular would go straight to voice mail and I was no wizer. So unless you're on Verizon the phone probably doesn't support Voice over LTE. When you get a call the phone has to switch to 3G in order for you to connect. I think the voice recording app was causing some latency issues with the down switch to 3G and phone handshake.

In anycase i uninstalled the application (voici or voisi BETA) and all works fine for me know. Hope this helps.

View original

Hey, appreciate the input but don't have a voice recorder installed.   Tried a factory reset but no apparent help.

Options

4 Posts

02-08-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 6 of 21

2015-12-24, 0:52 AM

Have you tried putting your phone in safe mode and then testing that out?
It it works as expected then it's an app that's messing up the handshake...
Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 7 of 21

2015-12-24, 1:17 AM

Ptikjp said:

Hi,

View original

The X2 doesn't support VoLTE even on Verizon, unfortunately.

Options

6 Posts

12-15-2015

United States

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 8 of 21

2015-12-24, 1:18 AM

Ptikjp said:

Have you tried putting your phone in safe mode and then testing that out?
It it works as expected then it's an app that's messing up the handshake...

View original

No. When I can corner a "volunteer" I'll have to try it smiley

Options

21 Posts

06-22-2016

Belgium

34 Signins

514 Page Views

• Views: 514
  • Message 9 of 21

2016-06-22, 13:51 PM

hi, i have exactly same problems with my moto X gen 2.

No wifi active, no mobile data activated.. no apps installed after 1st repair for easy testing.

intermittent some calls go to voicemail... after recalling twice the call gets through.
my frequent callers are aware and call my back twice.

I have sent the phone already 3 times to repair centre, no success

contacted motorola Europe, they never heard about this issue and tld me must be sim related.

sim card replaced twice and during all these repairs tested in LG G3 with active mobile data and several apps-> no issue

nokia phone - > no issue.

My dealer even told me occasionally he has the same issue with his Motorola phone.

Im very dissapointed, did you finally find a solution? might this be a manufacturer defect... motorola Europe offering any help in my case only excuses and blaming my mobile operator.

Fact is this is my 5th smartphone .. never had any issues before only with my 1st motorola!

Options

2137 Posts

07-20-2012

United Kingdom

67 Signins

600 Page Views

• Views: 600
  • Message 10 of 21

2016-06-22, 14:31 PM

Hey mvr_1975,

Can you put your IMEI into your profile so I can investigate? I can check what happened with service as well, sounds like a bad experience. For that, please PM me your reference number/ email address and I'll check and have a word with them. 

Cheers,

Nicole

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms