Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMOTO X™ 2nd Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

24 Posts

02-10-2015

United States of America

30 Signins

232 Page Views

• Views: 232
  • Message 1 of 5

My First Motorola Product

2015-02-10, 4:40 AM

I bought my Moto X like a few weeks ago and was able to carrier unlock it from AT&T. I love features for it like Moto Display, Moto Voice. I even find my self waving my hand over my family members phone when I check something with them. I use the features everyday especially driving. 

The only issue that I am having is Moto Voice just not been working right when i try to use it. It sometimes does not respond especially when i am close to it. That is all that I am have with it. The other draw back is the lack to get updates early because it is AT&T model and has the Bloatware overload. Overall I love this phone can't wait for the official release of Lollipop or is it getting Android One instead. 

I heard another smarter phone is coming out and that I can not wait for. Wish there was a hardware soak test for new phones to test. 

Abe
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: My First Motorola Product

2015-02-12, 2:06 AM

How did you carrier unlock this device?  And which carrier are you using it on now?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

24 Posts

02-10-2015

United States of America

30 Signins

232 Page Views

• Views: 232
  • Message 3 of 5

2015-02-22, 2:59 AM
I called AT&T and asked for an unlock code for my phone. After, week and half of waiting (after they told me four days and many phone calls later), I got the code and put in my current carriers Sim and put in the code when it asked and it became unlocked.

Right now I am using cricket wireless and loving my phone and carrier.
Abe
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 4 of 5

2015-02-23, 19:29 PM

ArabAbe said:

I called AT&T and asked for an unlock code for my phone. After, week and half of waiting (after they told me four days and many phone calls later), I got the code and put in my current carriers Sim and put in the code when it asked and it became unlocked. Right now I am using cricket wireless and loving my phone and carrier.View original

Glad your issue has been resolved.  Enjoy your X2 on Cricket!

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

6799 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3410 Signins

85846 Page Views

• Views: 85846
  • Message 5 of 5

2015-03-13, 13:57 PM

I'd like to get some more information regarding the Moto Voice issue you're having. Are you having a problem with getting it to recognize your launch phrase or with it recognizing the voice commands?

If you're having a problem with the launch phrase, then please try to re-record a new launch phrase. Please do it in a quiet location and avoid places like bathrooms when recording as it will cause an echo.

If you're having a problem with the commands, then please let me know what commands your trying and what is and is not working. 

Thank you,

Tom

Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms