Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMOTO X™ 2nd Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

08-28-2013

United States of America

36 Signins

326 Page Views

• Views: 326
  • Message 1 of 4

What is an xt1098?

2016-08-13, 17:20 PM

I sent my phone in for a repair/ replace and return service. Fedex paid for the device to be fixed after mine though defect and was sent in one piece, was destroyed in transit.   MY DEVICE WAS AN XT1096. 

Motorola has shipped both devices back to me, they're oN the way and has yet to arrive.  However, a different model number is presented for the replacement; XT1098.  

WHAT IS THAT & HOW DOES IT DIFFER FROM MY ORIGINAL?

Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: What is an xt1098?

2016-08-13, 20:04 PM

They are both Moto X 2nd Gen phones. I don't know the difference between them. I did a little research and the only thing that I found (and this was on reddit, so not a reliable source) that it may be a South America phone? 

I would imagine that they wouldn't send you a phone that didn't work for you. I would try it and see if it works. It should be an unlocked phone same as the one you had.

I did see in that reddit post that the person said it was just a 1096. I am sure that will be the case here as well. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Options

12 Posts

08-28-2013

United States of America

36 Signins

326 Page Views

• Views: 326
  • Message 3 of 4

2016-08-14, 3:15 AM

Thanks, I read that also but I also read that the thing about South America was a single source which ironically they made clear that it's source of the information was unreliable as well (eBay).  

From Wikipedia, "XT1097 AT&T U.S., Retail Canada, Telus Canada, Retail Brazil, Nextel Brazil and most Latin American carriers."

And because another question posed on this site related to an RMA during which a REPAIRED OR REPLACED AND RETURNED XT1098 was MISSING after FedEx confirmed delivery, at the claimants correct address, I can only assume that the difference between the XT1096 and XT1098 are that XT1098 is a Motorola Moto X 2nd Gen Refurbished/Reconditioned due to having been PRE-OWNED/replacement handset that may contain a few or entirely salvaged parts from trade-ins, repair requests, defective site-purchased and returned merchandise etc.  Maybe it is how Moto/Lenovo differentiates a Frankenstein's MOTO X+1 and the original model. This is a guess and I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about least of all what the manufacturer's intentions or motives are...and also wishful thinking.

I would HATE for my phone to be missing identical features (NFC, Smart Lock, etc) because I was promised an identical device and that despite their Warranty saying they would replace it with a similar device of equal quality and features in the event the parts aren't available to fix the model owned, if the device is too old or completely destroyed and no replacement stock exists as well in the event that they decline to REIMBURSE/REFUND the device's value and repair/replace which they say is a right they reserve for themselvws-despite that fact, they gave a contradictory response saying that ONLY the exact model I purchased could be used to replace my device.  Still not really sure of the answer either, but thank you for trying.  I guess I'll just have to wait for it to come to report back then. I appreciate the help.

Options

295 Posts

06-15-2016

United States of America

974 Signins

22047 Page Views

• Views: 22047
  • Message 4 of 4

2016-08-15, 14:48 PM

wrote:

Thanks, I read that also but I also read that the thing about South America was a single source which ironically they made clear that it's source of the information was unreliable as well (eBay).  

From Wikipedia, "XT1097 AT&T U.S., Retail Canada, Telus Canada, Retail Brazil, Nextel Brazil and most Latin American carriers."

And because another question posed on this site related to an RMA during which a REPAIRED OR REPLACED AND RETURNED XT1098 was MISSING after FedEx confirmed delivery, at the claimants correct address, I can only assume that the difference between the XT1096 and XT1098 are that XT1098 is a Motorola Moto X 2nd Gen Refurbished/Reconditioned due to having been PRE-OWNED/replacement handset that may contain a few or entirely salvaged parts from trade-ins, repair requests, defective site-purchased and returned merchandise etc.  Maybe it is how Moto/Lenovo differentiates a Frankenstein's MOTO X+1 and the original model. This is a guess and I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about least of all what the manufacturer's intentions or motives are...and also wishful thinking.

I would HATE for my phone to be missing identical features (NFC, Smart Lock, etc) because I was promised an identical device and that despite their Warranty saying they would replace it with a similar device of equal quality and features in the event the parts aren't available to fix the model owned, if the device is too old or completely destroyed and no replacement stock exists as well in the event that they decline to REIMBURSE/REFUND the device's value and repair/replace which they say is a right they reserve for themselvws-despite that fact, they gave a contradictory response saying that ONLY the exact model I purchased could be used to replace my device.  Still not really sure of the answer either, but thank you for trying.  I guess I'll just have to wait for it to come to report back then. I appreciate the help.

I've reviewed your case and I'm showing a like for like replacement was shipped (MOTXT1096). Can you please PM me the IMEI number found in your settings. An XT1098 is a Regional Moto X (2nd Gen) whereas the XT1096 is a Verizon Moto X (2nd Gen). Please do not read the information off of the box you may have received it in as the replacement phones are not typically sent in the original packaging.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms