06-25-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Google Maps working now, for "send to gps"

2012-02-24, 17:58 PM

As of today (Feb. 24th, 2012) the "send to gps" feature is working again....not sure how long it will keep working, but at least today, I was able to sucessfully send two different POI`s to my Moto....

Just a heads up for persons, wanting to use this feature that we have missed, since around last Thanksgiving time....

Options

3 Posts

03-29-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: Google Maps working now, for "send to gps"

2012-03-29, 3:19 AM

I know this is an old post, but...

Where would one go to find instructions on how to do this?  Can it be done via our computer to the GPS unit via the USB cable?

I'm unable to find the "meat and potatoes" of how to do this "technical" stuff with our unit!

Thanks...Annie

Options

792 Posts

06-25-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: Google Maps working now, for "send to gps"

2012-03-29, 14:25 PM

Ok, when using this option (sending an address to your Motonav unit), create an accound with Google Maps.  Once there, "save" your home location. 

You can now enter and send any address you wish to, to your unit.    Expreiment with adding any address you wish, then, "create route".  Next, look for the "share" area..then look for the  "send to " option, located on the top, slightly left hand of the middle of the page..  You`ll have to experiment a little to go past the "send link" option, to reach the "Send to" area.  Once you are in the "send to" area, you can seledt "gps", click on that opton, and then you`ll get a drop down list of different brands of gps units.  You would then, select, Motorola, and enter your serial number.....all of them EXCEPT the very first digit, or letter, that is on your units screen showing the entire serial number of your device.  

You may have to experiment doing this a few times, to get the hang of it, but all in all , it`s pretty easy.  The one caveiot is.....you have to have a current MotoExtras subscription, and you must have a cell phone paired to your gps too. 

Once you "send" that address, to your unit, you can "recieve" that address, that you have sent to it, by going to "favorites" (from your main menu), then select the Google Folder, shown there, and then select "update", Motoextra`s will make a short call, (approx. less than a minute) and then your sent address, from Google Maps, will appear there.....

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete