US

24 Signins

162 Page Views

• Views: 162
  • Message 1 of 2

I asked Navteq if they were going to be distributing maps for Moto PNDs

2010-12-30, 21:06 PM

Here's what I said:

"Would you know if there are any plans for Navteq to begin directly distributing maps for Motorola's line of PNDs? Motorola has really dropped the ball with this -- their maps are well over a year old now -- and a lot of people who own Motorola PNDs are left in the lurch. None of us can get any information from Motorola about why they're not releasing updates.

"There would be a very good market for maps for the Motorola TN765t, for example. This is a well-regarded GPS device that Motorola seems to be setting adrift, even though it just came out in March of this year."

Here's Navteq's reply (from Alicia in customer service, supervisor of Bertha, I believe):

"We have not received any information that we will be distributing for the Motorola line. We do not distribute for any other GPS units either. Most are sold directly from the companies who manufacturer the units."

Now that I think about it, I suppose it would be Naviextras and not Navteq that would distribute maps, but I'm still glad I asked. One more bee in somebody's bonnet ....

Along those lines, though, there's no doubt that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. As we pester these various folks, being polite will be a big plus, as everyone here knows. (The level of courtesy in this forum is much, much higher than on most web forums.)

Options

792 Posts

06-25-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: I asked Navteq if they were going to be distributing maps for Moto PNDs

2010-12-30, 21:24 PM

With us pursuing this map problem from various angles, one might assume that someone there at "Mission Control", would realize........"Hey Houston, we seem to have a problem here......."  LOL......

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete