06-25-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 24

Newest update from Motorola HQ`s

2010-12-08, 19:00 PM

I`m going to be walking a fine line here, on what I can share with everyone,and what I was asked, not to, at this point in time, however, here goes........

The information I have recieved from Moto in the last few days boils down to this........First, at the end of this year, Motorola Inc. is splitting into two companies.  The first, will be Motorola Solutions, the other, will be Motorola Mobility.  Because of this fact, there is a LOT going on right now at Motorola and the employees there are "doubling up" on thier primary job tasks and are being overwhelmed at this time.

Right at this point in time, no one is sure just WHICH of these two, new companies, will be handling the PND line.  That decision, is yet to be made, however they hopefully, will have a designated area/link to which our improvement ideas and suggestions WILL be sent directly to the Developement team.  From that point in time, the Developement team will consider our input and make a decision as to whether to implement them or not.  The projected time developement, for this to be happening, should be by, the 2nd week in January, 2011.

2nd..........Motorola HQ`s just recieved a shipment of the TNXXX series of PND`s to which they are now distributing to various Motorola Experts there, so they can get "hands on" experiance with them.  Since no Motorola Expert has yet to be assigned to the PND area, they WILL be monitoring our posts and concerns, as was evident last night, when AlphaDog chimed into the forums area here.  I, personally think, that we will be seeing more Motorola Experts chiming into the forum area as time goes by, now,  However,  that is only my personal opinion.  But, its more than coincidence, that a brand new (to us) MotoExpert suddenly chimed in.

The bottom line is, YES, Moto is now going to be working more with us PND users, as they have found out in the past, by workng with actual user`s on thier phone line of products, it is quite beneficial, for them,  to go that "extra mile" and to work with, end user`s of thier products.  

I`m hoping now, that there IS a possibility, to see that "light at the end of the tunnel" and hope this small tidbit of information helps qualm the fears that Motorola is totally ignoring the PND line, as they are surely not!!

If any current or new user`s have a major malfunction or problem with thier TN series PND`s, please let me know, and I will definately try to help out on that, but please save any "future improvements we wish to be made", until the middle of next month to which we (hopefully) will all have a direct link/department to submit THOSE to.........

Options

164 Posts

06-28-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 24

Re: Newest update from Motorola HQ`s

2010-12-08, 19:10 PM

wow1  thats quite a healthy bit of recon dawg.  thanks for your dilligence and info.  its greatly appreciated.  sorry for the non punctuatio. the site doesnt allow that when using an android phone . probably a java issue.

Options

792 Posts

06-25-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 24

2010-12-08, 19:22 PM

Your quite welcome Thunderlizard, I was hoping for a bit more than I posted, however, at least now I have a more understanding of whats going on there now, and that helps to explain (to me) why I was beginning to feel us PND user`s were being ignored.....

Options

90 Posts

12-03-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 24

2010-12-08, 20:40 PM

Well well well, those who have been linked to the tech news know this already that they are going to be split. Indeed, this was decided i believe in first quarter of 2010. Samjay Jha was to lead the mobile development. I don't know the name of the CEO who is going to lead the other division[He is the current Co-CEO].

So, what I personally believe now is that they will SHUT DOWN the PND lines at all to "cut un-necessary" costs necessary to "adjust" their "future goals".

May be I am too much critic here, but this is my personal opinion and I hope this will prove wrong. But, frankly I don't think so.

As far as their "excuse" for "splitting" is concerned, this is not a new news at all. They all knew it was coming in January 2011 almost a year ago. You can decide it yourself by answering these questions:

1.Have they stopped shipping new Andriod Phones?

2.Have they stopped firmware updates for existing phones?

3.Have they stopped upgrading their custom themes for new Andriod Versions [and that's not a simple task too!]

But thanks moondag151, you are the one who at least keep them probing. I really really appreciate this!

Not happy with moto! Can a moto engineer reply?

Options

164 Posts

06-28-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 24

2010-12-08, 21:11 PM

Hey Sharp - D~

I understand the frustration; we all have felt the same way since being left in the lurch since July.  From an outside perspective, given the popularity of Motorola Android phones vs. the MotoNav PND, it's not surprising to me that we've been "prioritized down the list" (for lack of a better phrase).  I hope you're assessment is incorrect - I really like this GPS and don't want to shell out another $250 for the next one, but all we can do now is wait and see what happens after the first of the year.

In Yoda-speak..."paaaaaatience you must have. The Jedi way, it is."

(of course, that's also one of my least favorite tactics...)

Options

90 Posts

12-03-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 24

2010-12-08, 21:28 PM

Well, you don't have to shell out 250$ for a good GPS these days. amazon.com has tons of good GPS within 150$ price marks. I bought Garmin Nuvi 1490LMT for 180$ and am planning to return TN765T [$150.00] because it neither has map updates nor is there any "guaranteed" possibility in the future that it will be updated. The only problem is  that I love this GPS soooooooooooooo much as I love my NAVIGON

Options

111 Posts

12-01-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 24

2010-12-08, 21:43 PM

If they could give us, at least, decryted DATA.GRO/DATA.ZIP, I could fix some user-interface issues, for example,

- show ETA on the main screen,

- show current time/speed on the main screen,

- show current street on the main screen,

- remove cases of big buttons overlapping data,

- remove additional keystrokes to see more data (some data can be sqeezed to see more)...

I can do it free of charge. I can also sign a non-disclosure agreement.

S.

Options

90 Posts

12-03-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 24

2010-12-08, 21:46 PM

Right now Garmin Nuvi 295W with 3 MP camera and WiFi is only 79.99$

Options

164 Posts

06-28-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 24

2010-12-08, 21:56 PM

I loved my Navigon too.  But I like the Motonav better....

Options

164 Posts

06-28-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 24

2010-12-08, 22:08 PM

Hey Dowg~

What were those companies again...Motorola illusions and Motorola Inability??  

You know me, gotta poke a little fun here and there!  (Levity: so often underestimated in it's ability to make the unbearable, bearable! )

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete