Options

4 Posts

12-25-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 18

"Program Application Database Cannot be Found"

2010-12-25, 18:36 PM

Brand new TN565t.  Got this error message when turned unit on.  What gies?  How do I fix this?  Also, when I plug unit into USB port on my computer, the computer cannot recognize the device...??? (I tried both desktop and laptop computers so i don't think it's just my computer).  Any advice?  Thanks

Options

4 Posts

12-25-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 18

Re: "Program Application Database Cannot be Found"

2010-12-25, 18:36 PM

Brand new TN565t.  Got this error message when turned unit on.  What gies?  How do I fix this?  Also, when I plug unit into USB port on my computer, the computer cannot recognize the device...??? (I tried both desktop and laptop computers so i don't think it's just my computer).  Any advice?  Thanks

Options

4 Posts

12-25-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 18

2010-12-25, 20:02 PM

Thank you for the reply.  I have tried both methods to reset the device.  I am also on a PC.  I even fully charged the unit, hoping that might make a difference.  I found the number for customer support, but they are not open again until Monday so if I don't have a solution by then, I will call them then.

Options

164 Posts

06-28-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 18

2010-12-25, 23:11 PM

If the error shows no application files, AND the device is not recognized by your PC, it sounds to me like a flash memory issue. The device should be seen as a Mass Storage device (like a memory stick or external flash drive), so the fact that it's not and it can't find the app files leads me to believe its bad flash.

CS will probably send you a new one.  No biggie- happens sometimes with large memory devices. Either could gotten dropped or zapped (or both!)

Welcome to the forum!

Options

4 Posts

12-26-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 18

2010-12-26, 3:17 AM

I got the same model for Christmas as well (TN565t) and have the same error message on mine when powered on.  When I connect the unit to the PC, it seems to connect as a storage device.  I can use windows explorer and browse the files.  I came and downloaded the MotoExtras Toolbox but it does not recognize the device is attached.  I've repeatedly reset the device, but no luck.  I'm very interested to see what you find is wrong with the unit.  Can you share the phone number of Customer Service?  Thanks!

Options

792 Posts

06-25-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 18

2010-12-26, 15:19 PM

Here`s one of the phone numbers for Customer Support........1-800-331-6456 .

Another phone number for Customer Support is 1-847-576-5000.....

By any chance, do either of you folks happen to use a 64bit O/S?  I can only run the Moto Toolbox on a 32bit O/S as was informed by Moto when I first inquired about using the Moto Toolbox when it first appeared, around last March/April........just a thought on my end.......

Options

525 Posts

06-26-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 18

2010-12-26, 19:57 PM

There is some info out there that other Motorola devices have exhibited the same start up error and it may be related to a bad sys.txt file.  Or worse, the DATA.GRO file.    If you are able to see the Motonav files with Explorer check the contents of your SYS.TXT file.  You can open it with Notepad or Word Pad.  Does it look like below?  If not, save your original file but first rename it as your SYS.TXT to SYS_Orig.txt so you can always go back.  Save a new copy as SYS.TXT and pastse the info below into the text file.  Then try rebooting the TN565 and see what happens.  If that does not help then you could try downloading a copy of SciFi's TN765 skin which is a zipped file that just needs to be dropped into the Motonav folder.  His startup files may circumvent yours and maybe work.  If not just delete the file.    Directions at the end of this post.

[device]

;is automatically defined by device config (can be "astra" or "vantage").

name="astra"

;should be defined in sys.txt. (Currently can be "ca", "us", "uk", "eu").

sku="us"

sdcard_dsk_num=2

[other]

demo_video="/FlashDisk/Motonav/USA_VANTAGE.avi"

[folders]

data="/GPSPARAM/"

---------------------------------------------------

SciFi Skin

download data.zip, (you will need to find a working download site)   

connect device to PC,

copy data.zip to MotoNav folder

Options

4 Posts

12-26-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 18

2010-12-27, 3:54 AM

Thanks for your replies.  First, thanks for the phone numbers, I will be using them tomorrow.  Next, I don't have a 64-bit machine so I can't answer that question.

Now, I've reviewed my SYS.TXT file and mine is similiar but some different.  I have the [device] section with the 2 lines beginning with the semicolons, just as you have them.  I don't have an SD card so I don't have the sdcard parameter.  Next in the [other[ section, I have a different demo video named file, mine is:  /FlashDisk/Motonav.USA_ASTRA_480x272.avi, which I found in the Motonav directory.  I don't have the [folders] section, I tried adding it but is doesn't help.

Next the data.zip file, I finally found it and downloaded it and placed into the Motonav folder and re-booted the device but it would not run.  Screen size is the 4.3 not the 5.0.  So I've had no luck with your suggestions.  But I sure wished they had worked, that would have been great to get this thing going.

I don't think the SYS.TXT file is corrupted, but who knows it could be missing something.  I'm not above thinking that the DATA.GRO file could be corrupted, if it is the database file, it is possible.

This GPS can drive you crazy trying to get past this file missing problem.  I hope Customer Support has a solution.

Thanks again!

Options

525 Posts

06-26-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 18

2010-12-27, 12:34 PM

Well, sorry that did not work out. That sys.txt file was from my tn765 with minor change for your unit which I'm sure you surmised is code "astra".

Interesting that there are two reports of the same basic problem.   I am wondering if they came from the same vendor or I'd the serial numbers are close.   Moto's stock answer for all problems is to exchange your gps. Last reports were that it took 3 weeks.   Maybe returning to your point of purchase would be quicker, but then getting another bad unit is a factor to consider.

Good luck.

Options

525 Posts

06-26-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 18

2010-12-27, 12:38 PM

I'd correct my typos, but since I am using an iPad I get this:

You are using a device that only enables you to add content.

If you access Motorola Owners' Forum from a computer, you can both add and edit your content.

How inane is that!!!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete