Options

5 Posts

12-28-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 5

T505 FM transmission with Ford Expedition

2010-12-28, 8:12 AM

Hi all. I have tried a few other car kits & was disappointed with them, but then I bought a T505 and it is excellent. It pairs easily, speaker is more than adequate, sounds good through the speakers.......except when I play music or podcasts from my new htc android phone, there is about a one second gap about every 10 to 20 seconds. I tried different frequencies to no avail. In the past I have used a cheapo fm transmitter for my mp3 player and it always worked fine. I was convinced it was the T505 and was about to send it back till I tried it in my wife's BMW with the same phone and it worked fine there. It only has this trouble in my '06 Ford Expedition. Any ideas?

Thanks, Gus48

Options

5 Posts

12-28-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

Re: T505 FM transmission with Ford Expedition

2010-12-28, 8:12 AM

Hi all. I have tried a few other car kits & was disappointed with them, but then I bought a T505 and it is excellent. It pairs easily, speaker is more than adequate, sounds good through the speakers.......except when I play music or podcasts from my new htc android phone, there is about a one second gap about every 10 to 20 seconds. I tried different frequencies to no avail. In the past I have used a cheapo fm transmitter for my mp3 player and it always worked fine. I was convinced it was the T505 and was about to send it back till I tried it in my wife's BMW with the same phone and it worked fine there. It only has this trouble in my '06 Ford Expedition. Any ideas?

Thanks, Gus48

Options

164 Posts

06-28-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 5

2010-12-28, 13:42 PM

Just for poops and giggles, try putting the phone in "Airplane" mode (blocking cell transmission).  My hunch is you may be getting interference from the call-out signal the phone uses to stay in touch with local cell towers.  Just a thought.

Options

5 Posts

12-28-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2011-01-01, 8:37 AM

I tried your suggestion of the airplane mode and that indeed stopped the problem. Of course it's not a solution because it defeats the whole purpose of using the T505. I tried moving it to different locations as suggested above but that didn't make any difference. I also tried hooking up the phone by cable to the cheapo fm transmitter I have. I ran the phone in normal (not airplane) mode, and it played without any cutting out. From that I deduce that the phone is not interfering with the radio. The problem still seems to be between the phone & the t505. Today on the way home it hardly cut out at all, but there's no reason for that that I can think of. Thanks for your input, but I'm still scratching my head.

Happy New Year to you all !!!!

Options

5 Posts

12-28-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2011-01-19, 18:54 PM

Hi again. Well I can't expalain why, but the problem seems to have gone away. I haven't been doing anything different that I know of, but I'm not getting the gaps in music that I was. I'm really liking the T505 now. Even though there's more button pushing reqired, it connects just as fast as the top notch factory blue tooth that came in our 07 BMW. And the motorola unit plays music from the phone but the BMW's dosn't !!

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete