10-25-2013

Alabama

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 11

TN565T compatible with Magellan mounts?

2010-11-05, 5:48 AM

I am looking to get a second mount for my GPS and have been looking at window mounts made by Bracketron.  They list being compatible with Garmin, TomTom and Magellan.  The adapter they include for the Magellan appears that it would fit into our traffic cradle but Motonav is not listed.  Has anyone bought one of these mounts or tried to put there Motonav on a Magellan mount?  I'm not sure if links are ok but I was looking at the Bracketron SWM-400-BL.

Options

792 Posts

06-25-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 11

Re: TN565T compatible with Magellan mounts?

2010-11-05, 14:37 PM

uh60james wrote:

I am looking to get a second mount for my GPS and have been looking at window mounts made by Bracketron.  They list being compatible with Garmin, TomTom and Magellan.  The adapter they include for the Magellan appears that it would fit into our traffic cradle but Motonav is not listed.  Has anyone bought one of these mounts or tried to put there Motonav on a Magellan mount?  I'm not sure if links are ok but I was looking at the Bracketron SWM-400-BL.

Personally, I haven`t heard of any Moto user`s trying to use the mount you described so am not sure if it would work or not.  Both Amazon and Motorola`s main site (under "accessories") both offer replacement mounts and cradles for around $60, I would kind of suggest buying one from these two places as then you`ll DEFINATELY know that your traffic service will be operable, IMHO.......Also, the benefit of using one of these is that you can use the "quick release" and not have to stuggle with the cradle itself, when switching between the two mounts.  ....

Options

9 Posts

10-25-2013

Alabama

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 11

2010-11-05, 17:45 PM

Thanks for the reply.  I would like to avoid the Moto mount if at all possible.  I am used to a TomTom easy mount that sits right agains the windshield.  I marked your answer as helpful though as I didn't know Moto sold any accessories.  I may check out best buy and see if I can just compare the Magellan mount to ours.

Options

102 Posts

10-12-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 11

2010-11-11, 20:20 PM

I bought one of the "alternate" mounting kids from Amazon, was about $60 with tax and free shipping.  If you're talking about the two tabs that stick into the back of the cradle, yea, I've seen other mounts for other brands that seem to have that same mounting type.  Bought a couple for my dad's TomTom, and it had a very similar type mount, but obviously the cradle that attaches to the GPS/PND is different.  I'll look at the TomTom mount to see if it's the same or not.

Edit:  Yea, Amazon seems to be the ONLY place to get the ONE accessory available for the Motonavs.

Options

9 Posts

10-25-2013

Alabama

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 11

2010-11-12, 0:53 AM

I appreciate the reply. I would like to avoid the kit they sell on Amazon

if at all possible as the mount sticks out more than I like. And I would

just leave the cradle connected if the tabs do fit in the notches. I tried

to see if it matched up at Best Buy but its in a sealed package and the

adapters are covered so you cant see them. Let me know if you get a chance

to see if they match up.

On Nov 11, 2010 2:43 PM, "Doppleganger" <

Options

792 Posts

06-25-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 11

2010-11-12, 1:26 AM

uh60james wrote:

I appreciate the reply.  I would like to avoid the kit they sell on Amazon

if at all possible as the mount sticks out more than I like.  And I would

just leave the cradle connected if the tabs do fit in the notches.  I tried

to see if it matched up at Best Buy but its in a sealed package and the

adapters are covered so you cant see them.  Let me know if you get a chance

to see if they match up.

On Nov 11, 2010 2:43 PM, "Doppleganger" <

I have the Tn765T and only am assuming that the Tn565t is using the same kind of mount, so if it is (two rectangular tabs) for mounting your Moto cradle onto, then I know the Magellan Maestro 4250 and Magellen Maestro 5310 mounts WILL work with your cradle.  I went thru my "stash" of gps`s and matched both of the mentioned mounts and used my Tn765t cradle to see they would fit nicely, and yes, both of the Magellan (two tab) mounts will work perfectly.  Now, of the two, I would recommend the Magellan 4250 mount (which you can get not only as a windshield mount and the vent mount assy) as that is smaller in physical overall, size as you wish a snug, low profile type alternate type mount.   Hope this helps in what your looking for......

Options

792 Posts

06-25-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 11

2010-11-12, 2:04 AM

Here is a picture of the Magellan Maestro windshield mount.  The two tabs on this item will let the Moto cradle fit on it perfectly......

Options

792 Posts

06-25-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 11

2010-11-12, 2:06 AM

The name on the attatched picture is wrong, and couldn`t edit it out, The picture is of the Magellan Maestro 4250 windshield mount, sorry for the misinterpration on the pictures actual name of what it is......

Options

525 Posts

06-26-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 11

2010-12-07, 21:25 PM

FWIW Department:   The mount ball for a Garmin is 17mm, which will work with the Motonav socket.   The ball mount for a Magellan is 16mm.   No idea if close counts for the Motonav with the latter.   Anybody know?  (The Magellan figure came from a Maggelan rep)

Options

3 Posts

01-10-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 11

2011-01-11, 3:19 AM

Doppleganger wrote:

I bought one of the "alternate" mounting kids from Amazon, was about $60 with tax and free shipping.  If you're talking about the two tabs that stick into the back of the cradle, yea, I've seen other mounts for other brands that seem to have that same mounting type.  Bought a couple for my dad's TomTom, and it had a very similar type mount, but obviously the cradle that attaches to the GPS/PND is different.  I'll look at the TomTom mount to see if it's the same or not.

Edit:  Yea, Amazon seems to be the ONLY place to get the ONE accessory available for the Motonavs.

Now I understand more about it, Thanks for your analysis! It's helpful to me.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete