Options

90 Posts

12-03-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 20

iGo Primo 1.2 Released!!! Where are MOTO Engineers :(

2010-12-06, 23:06 PM

Well, just got the news the iGo Primo 1.2 has been released to OEM partners by NavNGo company. Actually I just came to know about it. It's been released on October 27th, 2010 -- almost 1 month and 1 week ago.

Moto haven't provided even the updates that were part of iGo Primo 1.1

Is there any hope they are working on any updates at all??? Is there any MOTO engineer in this so called MOTO SUPPORT FORUM to at least have ethics to reply[Whether the answer is YES or NO]

Frankly speaking, I had been inclined towards purchasing  Motorola's Andriod based smart phones but now, after seeing their super duper support, I will not even think about doing any business with them

Here is the link to iGo Primo 1.2

http://marketing.navngo.com/PRESS_ROOM/2010/Nov/NavNGo_press_release_10011.pdf

I also attached the pdf in case link gets broken ...

Also, attached is the .rar file contains all the good images ...

duh ..........................

Options

792 Posts

06-25-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 20

Re: iGo Primo 1.2 Released!!! Where are MOTO Engineers :(

2010-12-06, 23:26 PM

I`ve been trying to get a Moto Engineer to get in here, last word I got (late last week) is that they`re "working on it" if its ANY consolidation......Believe ,me, I`ve been pestering them for  a good two weeks now......

Options

90 Posts

12-03-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 20

2010-12-06, 23:34 PM

I do believe you boss!

I doubt they are "working" on it though! Seriously, 2 incremental versions released after the initial release and they have yet to catch up with the initial release. Actually they have done too much customization that they are not willing to re-iterate it. They did the same with first Andriod Phone with "MOTOBLUR" that was then too much dated that it took huge time for them to catch up with new releases of Andriod. I think their first smart phone is stuck with Andriod 1.6 and they moved on...

I wish they just release "stock/vanilla" version of iGo Primo 1.2 for their devices. That's all I need from them. Also, I need them to have micro SD card getting recognized and be used for extensions.

Options

792 Posts

06-25-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 20

2010-12-06, 23:46 PM

I realize your frustration, as we all have been patient awaiiting any firmware/software updates.  It took a good month, or a little better, just to get the forum we are using right now.  Then, they had an audio glitch in one of thier prior updates, after MUCH sqawking and several phone calls, that was finally resolved about 3 weeks, to a month later, with an improved bluetooth update for all of us to regain the audio on our PND`s.  I was just hoping, that getting a tech involved here with all of us, wouldn`t be taking that time span.  If I don`t hear something by Wednesday, from them, I will be on the phone AGAIN, and if anything positive becomes of that, I will definately let everyone know.

All I can do at this point, is to wait a little bit like they asked me too...but people (other than myself) are also trying......even Mark (the forums modorator has been contacted, about this....FYI. )

Options

90 Posts

12-03-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 20

2010-12-06, 23:58 PM

Yup! waiting ...

Tell me one thing: How many updates were there for MOTONAV TN765T? I got 3 in total including 1 map update via tool box. Are they are further updates? Also, we would like to know [if they can tell] if they are working on Primo 1.1 or 1.2

Options

111 Posts

12-01-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 20

2010-12-06, 23:59 PM

A map or POI update takes time... I undertand that...

So maybe, we should ask them to, at least, fix some simple issues, for example,

1. Show ETA on the main screen,

2. Show current time,

3. Fix address search issues,

4. Remove Auto-zoom from the Map Explore mode.

Except, the address search, everything is pretty simple. I could fix it myself if I would have access the DATA.ZIP/DATA.GRO (it is encrypted now).

S.

Options

792 Posts

06-25-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 20

2010-12-07, 0:04 AM

sharpdesigner wrote:

Yup! waiting ...

Tell me one thing: How many updates were there for MOTONAV TN765T? I got 3 in total including 1 map update via tool box. Are they are further updates? Also, we would like to know [if they can tell] if they are working on Primo 1.1 or 1.2

Yes, you DO have all of the most recent updates for your TN765T. (your map update is the most recent also).  As far is they`re working on the Primo 1.1 or 1.2?  No, I do not know if they are working on that or not, as I don`t use it and haven`t inquired about it.  I only try to get any/all info on whats happening in the PND line, sorry about that.........

Options

792 Posts

06-25-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 20

2010-12-07, 0:10 AM

smatofu wrote:

A map or POI update takes time... I undertand that...

So maybe, we should ask them to, at least, fix some simple issues, for example,

1. Show ETA on the main screen,

2. Show current time,

3. Fix address search issues,

4. Remove Auto-zoom from the Map Explore mode.

Except, the address search, everything is pretty simple. I could fix it myself if I would have access the DATA.ZIP/DATA.GRO (it is encrypted now).

S.

That`s EXACTLY why I (we) all want an engineer in here, to get the ball rolling on all the things we`ve all listed on our "wish list".  What I`ve been trying to do, is get a direct link to the proper department to take our "wish list" and to start either evaluating them, or to start making some improvemnents.  Luckily they (at corporate) have acknowledged my inquiries before, hopefully they will do so again.....I can only hope, anways.........if not, I`ll be back on the phone with them again, and again,............

Options

90 Posts

12-03-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 20

2010-12-07, 1:35 AM

Yup! All I need is that they just "open" all the features of iGo Primo [even the version they have currently in their PNDs]. I hate opening the Left Panel to see the details. The reason is that it though show u a lot of information but it kills the basic purpose of having a HUGE Screen b/c it eventually looks like a 3.5 inch screen GPS

Options

90 Posts

12-03-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 20

2010-12-07, 15:24 PM

I m eagerly waiting for Wednesday Hope we hear some "concrete" reply rather than generic "working on it" kinda stuff

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete