Options

2 Posts

01-15-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 2

t605 won't power off

2011-01-15, 9:35 AM

This morning I was talking on my T605 and when I tried to turn the volume up the audio went briefly fuzzy and the phone disconnected from the bluetooth system.  When I was done with the call I attempted to pair them again but I couldn't get it to work.  After I got to work I shut off the car and forgot all about it until I came back out to the car at the end of the day and noticed that the T605 was still powered on, even though the car had been off all day.  This is not normal- it usually turns off when the car does.  I couldn't get the T605 to do anything, regardless of which buttons I pressed and for how long.

It appears that the T605 has crashed and is refusing to turn off, or respond to any sort of input.  That, or the device is dead and part of its "dead" process involves turning on all its lights and refusing to turn off in the hopes that it can take my car battery with it.

seriously though- is there any way to reset the T605?  i re-read the owners manual and didn't see anything.  Has anyone encountered this problem before?     

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: t605 won't power off

2011-01-15, 13:57 PM

See this diagram (it should be in your book)

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23019/p_country_code/US

But the ECU (electronic control module) has a power plug - if you can unplug that right most connector - that should kill power to the unit and hopefully reset it. If you can't get to the ECU, you could find the circuit it is on and pull the fuse, or disconnect the battery.

I don't see any reset switch, so that usually means that disconnecting power will do the trick.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete