Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyZon
What's DOS?
Views: 2,544
Message 1 of 12

Admiral Camera Problems

I downloaded the recent Admiral System Update, and now my camera will not boot up.  I receive a "camera is unable to initialize".  Anyone else run into this problem? FYI also same problem occurs with camcorder.

mattvalenz
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 12

Re: Admiral Camera Problems

I am a Sprint Product Ambassador supporting the .33 MR in public support forums and have not heard of this problem.  Are you able to factory reset the device to see if that resolves the problem?

AndyZon
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 12

Solutions I have tried

1. pulled battery, 

2. ran a factory reset, 

3. put it in safe mode, and

4. reinstalled the software updates.

I even followed all those same steps with tech support at my local motorola sprint/nextel store.  Same problem keeps occuring.  The store said they would give me a replacement phone in about a week.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 12

AndyZon said:

Solutions I have tried

1. pulled battery, 

2. ran a factory reset, 

I even followed all those same steps with tech support at my local motorola sprint/nextel store.  Same problem keeps occuring.  The store said they would give me a replacement phone in about a week.

Glad the store is working with you on this issue.  Please keep us posted.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 5 of 12

AndyZon said:

Solutions I have tried

1. pulled battery, 

2. ran a factory reset, 

Hey there. I might want to get this device back for observation. Did you exchange it already?

Mark
Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Moto Emeritus
Message 6 of 12

AndyZon-

Are you still there?

Mark
Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
omega_drh
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 12

I've received a "camera is unable to initialize" error at least a few times since installing the software update, but the camera does eventually work and the message goes away. However, this message only seems to appear when I use a third-party camera app--specifically Camera ICS. I haven't tried a ton, but I've not been able to reproduce that error message with the stock camera app.

Moto Emeritus
Message 8 of 12

@omega_drh

Thanks. If you see this with the stock camera app. Please let us know.

Mark
Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 12

omega_drh said:

I've received a "camera is unable to initialize" error at least a few times since installing the software update, but the camera does eventually work and the message goes away. However, this message only seems to appear when I use a third-party camera app--specifically Camera ICS. I haven't tried a ton, but I've not been able to reproduce that error message with the stock camera app.

Consider contacting the developer for the Camera ICS app and let them know what you are experiencing.  The devs are usually pretty good about looking into this kind of stuff.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
AndyZon
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 12

hey mark, yes i'm still here. Smiley Happy I've been out of town for a few days.  FYI my camera started working just out of the blue.  Not sure why.  I need to talk to the store and see what thier plans are for the advanced replacement.  When they let me know it is in, i'll give you their contact info so you can take a look at it. thanks