Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glasgow
What's DOS?
Views: 3,698
Message 1 of 11

Admiral Camera Problems

For the last 6 weeks I have been receiving an error message "Your camera has been disabled by the administrator" when trying to use the camera.  I have tried resetting the phone to factory settings and still cannot get the camera to work.

Administrator
Administrator
Message 2 of 11

Re: Admiral Camera Problems

Sounds like you have a work account for email and that one of the enforced policies is to disable camera. Does that sound possible?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Glasgow
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 11

No it's a personal account through Sprint.

I have owned the phone since April 2012 and used the camera without problem up until mid-Novemeber.  Then during a vacation when accessing the camera I received the error message and continue to receive it to this day.  

Administrator
Administrator
Message 4 of 11

That's pretty odd - I did just a Google search and didn't see others reporting this. Are you running a pure stock device? Do you have a Gmail account on the phone? And do you have an SDcard in it?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Glasgow
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 11

Yes its very odd and quite frustrating...like so many things on this phone. Has not been a good first experience with a Motorola brand phone

I had also completed an extensive search prior to posting here and hadn't found many similar complaints.  There was an earlier thread on the forum here, I believe back in April, that sounded like a similar problem although a slight variation on the error message.  That person's problem seemed to spontaeously resolve without any clear cause or solution for the problem.

As far as I know it is a pure stock account. I do have a GMail account registered on the phone, and have a 32GB SD card.  The SD card was installed shortly after originally purchasing the phone in April. I have tried factory resetting the phone both with and without the SD card in place.

Administrator
Administrator
Message 6 of 11

What System version are you running? (Menu > Settings > About phone)

Administrator
Administrator
Message 7 of 11

Also, have you asked Sprint about this? Since the email is through Sprint?

Glasgow
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 11

It is running system version 55.11.79.XT603.Sprint.en.US

I spent most of my afternoon today in two separate Sprint stores, neither of which could uncover any more information on how to solve the problem. They also attempted a factory reset to no avail. There is no sprint based email account registered on the phone, just a Google account

Administrator
Administrator
Message 9 of 11

I asked some of our guys to take a look at this thread.

Do you have any other apps that use the camera -- camera apps, editing apps, bar-code scanners, etc.?

Glasgow
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 11

I do not have any apps that use the camera.

After visiting the Sprint stores yesterday they suggested trying a camera app to see if it would be able to potentially bypass a software bug if that was indeed the problem.  I tried two separate apps last night and neither was able to operate the camera.  They generally opened with a generic error message along the lines of "Camera Opening Error"