Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ayeayeadmiral
What's DOS?
Views: 3,682
Message 1 of 7

Admiral: Can I view PDF files?

was wondering if there is a way to read PDF files on the admiral? i've tried alot of apps to do this with but nothing works. i need to read them because of my job, and i dont want to carry a laptop if i can avoid it( composing, reading, sending, and opening PDF files... please help??

P.S all it says when i try to open one is" the document cannot be opened because it is not a valid PDF file" 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 7

Re: Admiral: Can I view PDF files?

Stab in the dark b/c I don't have an Admiral....

Can you use Adobe Reader (here:  https://market.android.com/details?id=com.adobe.reader&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNv...) on your device?

I think you would have to download the PDF file (not read it from within your email app) and then open the file using PDF Reader.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
ayeayeadmiral
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

i do have adobe on the phone but still wont read it. i've tried multiple apps but nothing works

in order to read any PDF file you have to download it first, i get that far til it tells me the quote above....

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 7

This thread makes for interesting reading.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tech-issues-bug-reports-suggestions/19336-official-attachment-canno...

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
finnland
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 7

eaccents said:

This thread makes for interesting reading.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tech-issues-bug-reports-suggestions/official-attachment-cannot-disp...read-pdf

View original

Thanks for giving so many useful links. But it seems that there is little information on the PDF reading for admiral.

Nana111
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

HI there

That's exactly what i want to know.I want to view some PDF files in adiral.But even after i installed some third party PDF viewer.it can not work effectively.I want to know that if there is any powerful PDF viewer which supports to work with admiral to view PDF files.It would be perfect if it is cheap.Thanks for any suggestions.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 7

Normally apps like QuickOffice will allow you to view PDF file. Is there anything special about the files you are trying to view? Are they smart PDF files? What is the actual extension?

Thanks,
J