Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,171
Message 11 of 22

Re: Admiral doesn't charge with usb car charger

Just checking in to see if anyone has had any luck, or has tried a OEM charger from Moto?

Thanks,

J

leo8888
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 22

I'll let you know soon. I have 8 USB car chargers I have to take to a sprint store to exchange. It's rediculous how picky these things are with car chargers.  I think Motorola designed them this way on purpose so they could make more money selling their own chargers....

leo8888
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 22

Just got back from exchanging our car chargers at a Sprint store. Got Sprint Dual USB chargers model PVX9642V and they work perfectly. We are finally able to charge our Admirals on the road. These Sprint chargers are rated at 5v 4.2 amp output which is twice the output of the ones I exchanged.

Aireez
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 22

leo8888 I did exactly the same thing. It actually charges now. The only problem that we are having now, and it's a big one, Is that our service is horrible. We've had Nextel since 1999 and switching to Sprint was and is a disaster. We can't get in touch with our techs with the DC and when we use the cell service they are always in Roaming. I think we are going to have to take legal action since Sprint is not doing anything about it. Our batteries go dead after the first 4 hrs of the day due to searching for signals. We are very disappointed.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 15 of 22

leo8888 said:

Just got back from exchanging our car chargers at a Sprint store. Got Sprint Dual USB chargers model PVX9642V and they work perfectly. We are finally able to charge our Admirals on the road. These Sprint chargers are rated at 5v 4.2 amp output which is twice the output of the ones I exchanged.

View original

Thanks for posting the solution.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
leo8888
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 22

Aireez said:

leo8888 I did exactly the same thing. It actually charges now. The only problem that we are having now, and it's a big one, Is that our service is horrible. We've had Nextel since 1999 and switching to Sprint was and is a disaster. We can't get in touch with our techs with the DC and when we use the cell service they are always in Roaming. I think we are going to have to take legal action since Sprint is not doing anything about it. Our batteries go dead after the first 4 hrs of the day due to searching for signals. We are very disappointed.

View original

Aireez,

We had the same problems with phones constantly  going into roaming. What I do now with every phone I assign is go into settings and change the roaming frm "Automatic" to "Sprint Only" and now our service has been pretty good. Whenever they used to go into roaming we would lose DC just like you are describing. Maybe changing that setting would also help in your situation.

Dan

Aireez
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 22

Dan,

Thanks, I will try that on all of their phones~

Sara

leo8888
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 22

Sara,

You're welcome. I hope changing the roaming settings works for you as well as it did for us. Let me know how it goes.

Dan

jcs27
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 22

I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this, but I encountered this problem and arrived at a solution. Some USB car chargers, which provide a data connection, cause the phone to enter a mode where it stops charging the battery and will not charge the battery (even with a standard charger) until the phone is rebooted. The symptom was that the phone says "charging" but the battery charge was decreasing, not increasing.

The solution was to use a Mediabridge charge-only cable (not a data cable) which was specifically designed for Android phones experiencing this problem:

http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-USB-Charging-Cable-Micro-B/dp/B009W34X5O/

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 20 of 22

Very nice find.
Thanks,
J