Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roberthahnsprin
What's DOS?
Views: 3,037
Message 1 of 40

Admiral freezes/lags when dialing/redialing - Touchscreen unresponsive

Hi,

My Admiral freezes/lags when dialing/redialing and the Touchscreen is unresponsive. Its really bad on missed calls. I can hit the green dial icon 20 times in a row and nothing happens. Finally wait for about 30-60 seconds and it will dial.

Anybody else having this problem.

FYI...

I routinely reboot. Not running alot of apps. Latest firmware.

I've also noticed the browser is slow to render webpages no matter how fast the connection is.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 40

Re: Admiral freezes/lags when dialing/redialing - Touchscreen unresponsive

@robert

Do you have HAC mode enabled on your device?  I do not have an Admiral, but this would likely be in the menu>>>settings>>>call settings area

If enabled, please disable HAC mode.  It generally causes call related issues.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 40

I routinely reboot. Not running alot of apps. Latest firmware.

Robert:

As a matter of practice, do you use the "back key" to back out of apps or do you just hit the home button and open another app?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
CJO
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 40

I have the same issues but have been hesitant to say anything since my phone is rooted.  HAC is disabled and I always use the back key to exit out of apps.

CJ

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 40

@cjo and @robert

Did your devices exhibit this behavior immediately (when they were brand new) or has this symptom "developed over time?"

CJO
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 40

IIRC, I've had the issue since I first purchased the phone.  For me, it only appears after just making or receiving a call.  If it's been a while since I've made or received a call, there is no lagging.

CJ 

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 40

CJO said:

IIRC, I've had the issue since I first purchased the phone.  For me, it only appears after just making or receiving a call.  If it's been a while since I've made or received a call, there is no lagging.

CJ 

@cj

Got it.  Good information.  Thanks.

To simplify it in my mind, it is almost like it has trouble resetting itself after a call....yes?  If you wait long enough for it to reset itself, then it works fine, right?  

Is this true for you too, @robert?

roberthahnsprin
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 40

@ea,

Yeah thats pretty much my experience as well. There is usually a bit of a lag when dialing sometimes anyway...it just gets extremely bad after a phone call.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 40

roberthahnsprint said:

@ea,

Yeah thats pretty much my experience as well. There is usually a bit of a lag when dialing sometimes anyway...it just gets extremely bad after a phone call.

OK.  Just checked with someone using an Admiral in MA.  They say they have no lag in the dialer, so my next thought is what do you two have in common?

Hmmmmm....How about listing your apps?  You can use App Dragon App Lister to quickly and easily generate a list of apps on your device.  

CJO
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 40

eaccents said:

CJO said:

CJ 

@cj

Got it.  Good information.  Thanks.

To simplify it in my mind, it is almost like it has trouble resetting itself after a call....yes?  If you wait long enough for it to reset itself, then it works fine, right?  

Is this true for you too, @robert?

Correct, it seems like it needs to reset before making another call and it takes a while to do so.

eaccents said:

roberthahnsprint said:

@ea,

OK.  Just checked with someone using an Admiral in MA.  They say they have no lag in the dialer, so my next thought is what do you two have in common?

Hmmmmm....How about listing your apps?  You can use App Dragon App Lister to quickly and easily generate a list of apps on your device.  

Another data point- I have a co-worker with the same phone (using the same towers) who does not experience any delays.

App Dragon App Lister says that it is not compatible with this phone.  I'm guessing that they haven't updated it for this sized display.

However, here are the apps that my phone is listing as being downloaded under the App Manager:

AdFree
AlcoDroid
ApineReplay
Amazon Kindle
Angry Birds
Angry Birds Rio
Apex
Amazon Appstore
B&N Nook
BAC Calculator
Band of America
Barcode Scanner