Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,257
Message 11 of 40

Re: Admiral freezes/lags when dialing/redialing - Touchscreen unresponsive

CJO said:

Another data point- I have a co-worker with the same phone (using the same towers) who does not experience any delays.

App Dragon App Lister says that it is not compatible with this phone.  I'm guessing that they haven't updated it for this sized display.

However, here are the apps that my phone is listing as being downloaded under the App Manager:

AdFree
AlcoDroid
ApineReplay
Amazon Kindle
Angry Birds
Angry Birds Rio
Apex
Amazon Appstore
B&N Nook
BAC Calculator
Band of America
Barcode Scanner
Box
Bubble Burst Free
Bump
CamScanner
Car Dashboard
Cardiograph
CarHome Ultra
ChessCom
Compass
Compowdre
ConvertPad - Unit Converter
CraigsNotification
Currents
Docs
Dropbox
eBay
facebook
Flashlight
Flixster
GasBuddy
Goggles
Google Sky Map
iHeartRadio
IP Cam Viewer Lite
iTrailMap
Jewels
Kingsoft Office
Lemon
LinkedIn
Lookout
Mabilo Ringtones
Mahjong
Maprika
Market Update Helper
Messenger
Motorola Media Link
My Matthews
NASCAR
NikonLenses
Pandora
PayPal
QR Droid
Quick Shop Pro
QuickPic
Radar Now!
RealCalc
redbox
ROM Manager
Root Explorer
Satski Lite
Shazam
ShootMe
Shopping list
Ski and Snow Reports
Ski Report
Ski Resorts Light
SNOCRU
Social Location
Solitaire Free Pack
Sprint Music Plus
Sprint Radio
Sprint TV & Movies
Starbucks
Superuser
Symphony of Eternity
Tango
Tapatalk
Tasker
TeleNav GPS Navigator
Timerific
Titanium Backup PRO
Translate
Trapster
Undelete
WeatherBug Elite
Wifi Analyzer
World Series of Poker
WTSO
Yelp

Hope this helps,

CJ

Thank you for taking the time to put this list together.

Nothing really stands out to me in this list (although I think I read somewhere that Google Currents is a huge resource hog...perhaps try uninstalling and test?).

Hopefully @robert can provide his list and we can compare for overlapping app installation....

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
mattvalenz
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 40

Hi. 

I am a Sprint Product Ambassador supporting the .33 MR in public support forums.

We are not aware of any issues like the one you describe and having worked with Android for several years now I can tell you that 3rd application coding problems are usually the culprit for corrupted device behavior.  I have seen where one application can hose up an entire device and once it's removed the device is fine.  I would take a hard look at anything that you installed around the time the device starting having trouble and remove those one by one.  If they are not a factor you can always reinstall them.  Worse case scenario you can factory reset the device though I know that's drastic.  At least then you have a clean slate device wise and can start readding your apps to see which one is the problem child.

Let me know how it goes.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 13 of 40

mattvalenz said:

Hi. 

I am a Sprint Product Ambassador supporting the .33 MR in public support forums.

We are not aware of any issues like the one you describe and having worked with Android for several years now I can tell you that 3rd application coding problems are usually the culprit for corrupted device behavior.  I have seen where one application can hose up an entire device and once it's removed the device is fine.  I would take a hard look at anything that you installed around the time the device starting having trouble and remove those one by one.  If they are not a factor you can always reinstall them.  Worse case scenario you can factory reset the device though I know that's drastic.  At least then you have a clean slate device wise and can start readding your apps to see which one is the problem child.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks, Matt, for keeping an eye on these threads.  We appreciate it!

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
rendang
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 40

Sorry to bring up a 4 month old thread but I've had a "similar" problem and wanted to see if I was the only one.

My dialer will lag / freeze in the sense that when I dial from a contact, call log, missed call, dialer (basically any way), it acts as if I did not press the dialer. In actual fact, it has "received" the press but lags for about 20 - 30 seconds, then completes the dial. 

It gets even more annoying because if you pressed the dial more than once thinking that the first press didn't get recognized, the phone does nothing for almost half a minute, then dials the first press you did, gets in to a call, then dials the 2nd number about half a minute in to the call. So you end up doing a three way call with the same number or different numbers if your first and second press were different numbers.

It doesn't behave this way after a reboot but starts to develop a lag after you've used the phone for a while.

Anyone else, or just me?

Phone is not rooted.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 15 of 40

rendang said:

Sorry to bring up a 4 month old thread but I've had a "similar" problem and wanted to see if I was the only one.

My dialer will lag / freeze in the sense that when I dial from a contact, call log, missed call, dialer (basically any way), it acts as if I did not press the dialer. In actual fact, it has "received" the press but lags for about 20 - 30 seconds, then completes the dial. 

It gets even more annoying because if you pressed the dial more than once thinking that the first press didn't get recognized, the phone does nothing for almost half a minute, then dials the first press you did, gets in to a call, then dials the 2nd number about half a minute in to the call. So you end up doing a three way call with the same number or different numbers if your first and second press were different numbers.

It doesn't behave this way after a reboot but starts to develop a lag after you've used the phone for a while.

Anyone else, or just me?

Phone is not rooted.

How often do you power your phone off?

roberthahnsprin
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 40

Hi,

Haven't had time to respond on this until now. I ave tried 3 different units same issue. Hopefully the new firmware update will fix it. We'll see.

davidg424
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 40

New software did not fix the issue either, it still lags really bad. 

hedofan
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 40

Sorry to keep this old thread going but this is really terrible.

We have 2 Admirals and they both do the same delayed action.

Dialing may occur anywhere from 20 seconds to 3 minutes after touching call and like others said, if you get impartient and touch multiple times you will wind up with multiple calls once it decides to do something.

Turning the phone off seems to have no real affect and it has nothing to do with having recently made a call. It happens even when  the phone has been idle.

Help please!

rendang
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 40

hedofan said:

Sorry to keep this old thread going but this is really terrible.

We have 2 Admirals and they both do the same delayed action.

Dialing may occur anywhere from 20 seconds to 3 minutes after touching call and like others said, if you get impartient and touch multiple times you will wind up with multiple calls once it decides to do something.

Turning the phone off seems to have no real affect and it has nothing to do with having recently made a call. It happens even when  the phone has been idle.

Help please!

View original

I'm on my 2nd Admiral. 

I finally took my first one in after 13 months and just having too many frustrating moments (call lag of up to 3 minutes at times). They ended up giving me a refurb'd phone because they could not communicate with the phone, suspecting both hardware/software problems.

Unfortunately, the refurb'd is also starting to act up ... not to the same level, and not as repeatable but my new one restarts randomly about once a day, and experiences lag randomly, up to 3 minutes still. I'm going to have to take it in again when I have time, if this continues.

Thank goodness I have ESRP, $4/mo but I can take it to the store and not pay anything to have it fixed.

just_hoss
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 40

I am having this exact problem as well. if i exit a call, then try to place another call or call back, whether from call log, contacts, or other, it simply will not go through.

sometimes it never dials, and i have to pull the battery to get it all reset and working again, others (and this is most annoying), a minute or so later it will finally place the call, only to interrupt itself by placing another call to the same person, then asking me if I want to merge the two calls, which almost always results in a dropped call.

I've also had it flash the green line across the top of the phone showing a call in progress, but the screen totally blacks out as soon as you try to 'pull it down' to manage the call, over and over.

Hoss