Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJO
What's DOS?
Views: 2,080
Message 21 of 40

Re: Admiral freezes/lags when dialing/redialing - Touchscreen unresponsive

I'm on my fourth Admiral now that I've had to pay to get replaced and all of them have had this issue.  I also have the problem that just.hoss described about not being able to access the call with the pull-down menu.

CJ

hedofan
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 40

just.hoss said:

I am having this exact problem as well. if i exit a call, then try to place another call or call back, whether from call log, contacts, or other, it simply will not go through.

sometimes it never dials, and i have to pull the battery to get it all reset and working again, others (and this is most annoying), a minute or so later it will finally place the call, only to interrupt itself by placing another call to the same person, then asking me if I want to merge the two calls, which almost always results in a dropped call.

I've also had it flash the green line across the top of the phone showing a call in progress, but the screen totally blacks out as soon as you try to 'pull it down' to manage the call, over and over.

Hoss

View original

Yes same symptoms here including the green bar at the top and the blanking screen.

This is a real problem.

Waiting up to 3 minutes for a call connect ( and possibly multiples) can be really dangerous in case of emergency.

rendang
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 40

For those with the screen blanking problem, you're most likely holding the phone in your right hand, one handed, and trying to swipe down with your thumb, right?

I found that I was tripping the proximity sensor with my right thumb (it's the oval cutout at the top right between the Motorola logo and the notification LED.

I'd recommend you try and swipe down from the top left half instead, in such a way your hand is not over the proximity sensor. Hope that helps.

As for all the other problems, it stinks. Sprint has open enrollment for insurance through March 31st, I'd suggest signing up for the ESRP which is $4/mo, which covers all repairs or replacements not due to physical/water damage or loss. ESRP will cover software and hardware problems due to normal use, including bad jacks, keyboards, buttons, etc. For a phone with so many problems, well worth it.
Landous1
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 40

My Motorola Photon 4G started doing this same thing after owning it for almost 18 months. Has anybody been able to fix this with a new software load? Or is a hardware replacement the only recourse? In addition to showing the delay after hitting the green button, when the keyboard opens, sometimes I'll have to close and reopen the keyboard several times in order for the keyboard to "type"  something. The keyboard app is not hung, as I can see the autocorrection stuff going on, it's more like the receiving app is in a state where it's not taking the keyboard's input.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 25 of 40

Landous said:

My Motorola Photon 4G started doing this same thing after owning it for almost 18 months. Has anybody been able to fix this with a new software load? Or is a hardware replacement the only recourse? In addition to showing the delay after hitting the green button, when the keyboard opens, sometimes I'll have to close and reopen the keyboard several times in order for the keyboard to "type"  something. The keyboard app is not hung, as I can see the autocorrection stuff going on, it's more like the receiving app is in a state where it's not taking the keyboard's input.

View original

Does your Photon 4G do this even if you are running in Safe Mode?

I hope this still works...

• Power down.  Wait a minute.

• Power the phone up.

• When you see the Dual core screen count to 3 then press both volume buttons.

• Then keep holding until you see safe mode on lock screen after Now screen.

• Note:  You can get out of Safe Mode by just powering down, then power up normally.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Landous1
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 40

I don't know how to run Safe Mode. How do you do that?

I booted to recovery (using the Vol Down key) and wiped Dalvik cache. That seems to have improved things a bit, but I still have occasional delays when trying to dial a phone. Thanks.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 27 of 40

Landous said:

I don't know how to run Safe Mode. How do you do that?

I booted to recovery (using the Vol Down key) and wiped Dalvik cache. That seems to have improved things a bit, but I still have occasional delays when trying to dial a phone. Thanks.

View original

I don't have an Admiral, so I'm going to GUESS that getting into Safe Mode is the same as with my XPRT

Instructions for Safe Mode (if you have not found them already):

• Power down.  Wait a minute.

• Power the phone up.

• When you see the "M" screen count to 3 then press both volume buttons.

• Then keep holding until you see safe mode on lock screen after Now screen.

• Note:  You can get out of Safe Mode by just powering down, then power up normally.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Landous1
What's DOS?
Message 28 of 40

Woa! Motoblur crap is back! Smiley Happy Thanks for the tip for the Safe Mode. After I wiped out Dalvik cache it's been a *lot* better, but I'll keep the Safe Mode in mind the next time I have this issue (or other ones that crop up periodically). Thanks.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 29 of 40

Landous said:

Woa! Motoblur crap is back! Smiley Happy Thanks for the tip for the Safe Mode. After I wiped out Dalvik cache it's been a *lot* better, but I'll keep the Safe Mode in mind the next time I have this issue (or other ones that crop up periodically). Thanks.

View original

I regularly use a cache cleaner.  If you do a search in Google Play the first two apps that come up have great reviews

App Cache Cleaner - the app I current use and like (I have it set to automatically clear the cache very hour, plus I use the widget to manually clear cache all the time...for me, it's now reflexive)

Clean Master - an app that has such good ratings and high number of downloads that I'm now curious Smiley Happy

Additionally, I will clear the cache partition in the recover menu about once a week.  

I admittedly have some OCD tendencies when it comes to clearing cache [blush], but all my devices run very smoothly.

Hope this helps!

just_hoss
What's DOS?
Message 30 of 40

Finally giving up (for good)sad

cleaning my caches regularly seemingly did little to nothing to affect this problem. I did notice that it seemed (on the notification/service bar) that I routinely lost all service at the end of the call, and also randomly through the day (though being in a strong service area). I often had to resort to a battery pull to get the phone to work again in any timely fashion. routine force closures of the camera, gallery, and other factory apps were more and more prevelent as well. a few times a month the phone randomly shut itself down completely and restarted (with full battery).

gave up on it today, and took delivery of a new BlackBerry Q10.

as a final send off, as soon as I switched service over to the BB, a dozen or so miscellaneous (and previously unrecieved) texts from the last few weeks showed up in my new inbox!

Hoss