Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkV
What's DOS?
Views: 1,264
Message 1 of 5

Black Outs

I can not check voice mail as it blacks out constantly as I try to press option keys, ie 7 to save. This is very frustrating. I need it to stay active longer than 2 sec. before blacking out to save the battery. Plz help!!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Re: Black Outs

Are still having this issue?

Are you using the built in Sprint VM app?

Have you rebooted the phone recently?

Have you updated the PRL and Profile recently?

What version VM app do you have installed?

Thanks,

J

MarkV
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

I am updating the PRL now. I don't see where Sprint VM (voice mail) version is, but any call that gets automatic options to get to a certain department, ie press 1 for English, 3 for billing, etc you can forget even trying as it blacks out before you can press a number.

I HATE this phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My company paid for it so I am stuck with it unless I can get this to stop to work like a simpler phone.

rendang
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

MarkV,

The phone has a proximity sensor on the top right (between the Motorola logo and the notification LED). 

I have found that with one-handed operation, holding phone in the right hand, moving my right thumb across the phone to press the on-screen keys, I would trigger the proximity sensor and blank out the screen. I believe it tricks the phone in to believing it's being held up to the side of one's face (which is by design so your face doesn't press keys while in a call).

Having the screen blank out is problematic when trying to access voicemail, which sounds like what you're experiencing.

Try to avoid the proximity sensor and see if your screen stays on or not. My solution is to operate the phone with two hands when listening to voice mail ... hold phone with left hand and operate the on-screen keys with my right hand while avoiding the proximity sensor by positioning my hand over the physical keyboard instead. This will not blank out the screen.

What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

rending got it. the proxy sensor is what turns the screen off when you hold phone to your ear. A good idea is to also turn off "pocket detection". it doesnt work and is another motofail headache.