Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Admiral_Ed
What's DOS?
Views: 1,669
Message 1 of 7

Bluetooth disconnect/reconnects on Admiral

Just got a Sprint Admiral, paired my bluetooth with it easily enough (Blueant T1), but at random, the phone will disconnect and reconnect bluetooth.  I have actually watched the bluetooth icon go dark, then light back up so I know it is not an issue with the earpiece itself. It is becoming very annoying, and talking to others who have this phone, they have reported the same issue with other bluetooth earpieces.  Is there any kind of workaround for this?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bluetooth disconnect/reconnects on Admiral

Have you tried completely un-pairing your BT device, rebooting the phone, and BT device then re-pairing?

I'm not sure if this will help here, but I have seen this help in the past. 

Thanks,

J

Admiral_Ed
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

I have tried that, still have the same problem...will be driving or doing whatever then my earpiece goes "Your Phone is Disconnected" followed immediately with "Your Phone is Connected".  It's completely random.  Sometimes it'll do it twice within a half hour, sometimes it'll happen twice a day.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 7

There is a laundry list of items that might cause bluetooth interference...

Sources of interference:

• Microwave ovens: Using your microwave oven near your computer, Bluetooth device, or Wi-Fi base station may cause interference.

• Direct Satellite Service (DSS) RF leakage: The coax cable and connectors used with certain types of satellite dishes may cause interference. Check the cable for damage and obtain newer cables if you suspect RF leakage.

• Certain external electrical sources such as power lines, electrical railroad tracks, and power stations.

• 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz phones: A cordless telephone that operates in this range may cause interference with wireless devices or networks when used.

• Video senders (transmitters/receivers) that operate in the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz bandwidth.

• Wireless speakers that operate in the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band.

• Certain external monitors and LCD displays: Certain displays may emit harmonic interference, especially in the 2.4GHz band between channels 11 and 14. This interference may be at its worst if you have a portable computer with the lid closed and an external monitor connected to it. Try changing your access point to use 5 Ghz or a lower 2.4 GHz channel.

• Any other "wireless" devices that operate in the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz bandwidth (microwaves, cameras, baby monitors, neighbors wireless devices, and so on). 
    Note: Some devices may not overtly state that they operate in the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz bandwidth. The operations manual should indicate the frequencies the device uses to operate. These may be referred to as "Dual Band" or "Wireless" devices.

Home and office environment

RF reflective and absorbing obstructions: If possible, adjust wireless barriers or change the placement of the Wi-Fi or BlueTooth devices to create a clearer signal path. The device location within a building and construction materials used can affect Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. The table below shows common elements and their potential for interference.

Wood Low
Plaster Low
Synthetic material Low
Glass Low
Water Medium
Bricks Medium
Marble Medium
Concrete High
Bulletproof glass High
Metal Very high

I have a Blueant Q2 and it seems to stay connected to my Motorola devices pretty well...I would say that I rarely experience the occasional dropout.

You may want to check to see if your Blueant device can take or is in need of a software update...sometimes those are available.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Buyer
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 7

I have a RAZR MAXX HD with a bluetooth issue from the start.  When in my car the bluetooth disconnects every one minute, reconnects immediatly and stays on for about two minutes.  Then again disconnects, reconnects, stays on for one minute, then disconnects.  So the bluetooth is totally useless.  It it illegal to talk on a phone in a car without handsfree in our state, so I have a MOBILE phone that won't work while being MOBILE. 

When this happens it also disconnects service to the 3.5mm jack, so I have to make sure the Bluetooth is turned off.  But when I plug it in the charge and then disconnect to leave in the morning, the bluetooth is turned back on.  I'm spending more time reseting stuff on this phone.  I've never had such a buggy phone.   

PS - I've tried turning off Wi-Fi, thinking that would help as it picks up signal from driving by houses, No help.

The car is a 2010 Genisis, which with the old Droid phone worked perfect. 

HELP.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 7

Buyer said:

I have a RAZR MAXX HD with a bluetooth issue from the start.  When in my car the bluetooth disconnects every one minute, reconnects immediatly and stays on for about two minutes.  Then again disconnects, reconnects, stays on for one minute, then disconnects.  So the bluetooth is totally useless.  It it illegal to talk on a phone in a car without handsfree in our state, so I have a MOBILE phone that won't work while being MOBILE. 

When this happens it also disconnects service to the 3.5mm jack, so I have to make sure the Bluetooth is turned off.  But when I plug it in the charge and then disconnect to leave in the morning, the bluetooth is turned back on.  I'm spending more time reseting stuff on this phone.  I've never had such a buggy phone.   

PS - I've tried turning off Wi-Fi, thinking that would help as it picks up signal from driving by houses, No help.

The car is a 2010 Genisis, which with the old Droid phone worked perfect. 

HELP.

View original

You should probably post this in the RAZR MAXX HD section.

First, I would forget the pairing (on both the car and the phone) and re-pair your devices.  Sometimes they get a less than clear "hand shake" and re-doing the process can sometimes clear that up for you.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Lt_Len_G
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 7

Sent my Motorola admiral to Motorola they were suppose it,yet I still have the same issues..My Motorola HX550 Bluetooth stays connected yet transfers to handset... When call ends Bluetooth still give disconnect signal.. when call comes in or text the moto speak only announces small potion then goes to handset...Anyone else has same issues?