Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pupfield
What's DOS?
Views: 2,433
Message 1 of 2

My Gallery Thumbnail Cache Problem

The thumbnails in My Gallery got out of sync with the actual pic on the SD card.  I found a reference somewhere to fix this by deleting data and cache info for some programs in the App Manager and the thumbnail folder.  It worked on my phone but now I need to do the same on my wife's phone and I don't remember all the things that need to be deleted and the rest of the instructions and I can't find them now.

What's the proper way to fix this?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,433
Message 2 of 2

Re: My Gallery Thumbnail Cache Problem

Sometimes the "pathways" used by the Gallery app to find the picture files becomes corrupted.  You can get the Gallery to "re-define" these pathways by clearing out the old data.

Go to settings>>>manage apps, hit the "all" tab, find the Gallery app, and tape "clear data" and "clear cache."  This will not affect your picture files--only how the Gallery app finds them.

Hope this helps.

[apologies if the menus are slightly different than what I have described...I don't actually have an Admiral]

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."