Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidg424
What's DOS?
Views: 2,428
Message 1 of 18

Phone Reboots Daily

So for the past few weeks my phone has decided to restart on a daily basis, before It would reboot every 2-3 days, now its every day. Yesterday it rebooted twice within 3 hours. I do not have it rooted, and have very little 3rd party software installed. I know this is a common issue with admirals, has anyone found anything to lessen how often their phone reboots?

Administrator
Administrator
Message 2 of 18

Re: Phone Reboots Daily

It's sure not expected. Anything noticable about the reboots, like poor signal, or are you doing anything particular when it happens?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
davidg424
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 18

It's always locked in my pocket, i know that it reboots becuase it vibrates i take it out, and its rebooting. I am usually always at work, and we have really strong signal there, so it should have about 2-3 bars at least. My brothers admiral reboots ocasionally when he recieved a text message.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 18

davidg424 said:

It's always locked in my pocket, i know that it reboots becuase it vibrates i take it out, and its rebooting. I am usually always at work, and we have really strong signal there, so it should have about 2-3 bars at least. My brothers admiral reboots ocasionally when he recieved a text message.

View original

Do you have a SD Card installed? Did this SD Card come from a previous phone? I have seen in the past that random reboots have been caused by SD cards that were installed an not formatted by the phone, and also I have seen random reboots caused from the SIM card. (That was more on a GSM network).

If none of the above apply, you can always do a factory reset and install one app a day till you start having issue, then that would tell me that the last app that you installed may be causing the issue, and in that case I would contact the developer and see if they could help out.

I know this might be a lot to bite off all at once, but usally these are the two causes that I have seen.

Thanks,

J

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 18

Just dropping in to see if you have had any luck with the rebooting issue?

Thanks,

J

davidg424
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 18

Still reboots daily. I have not factory re-set the phone yet. Been waiting for new battery to come in. I'll post back when i get a chance to do that.

just_hoss
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 18

I am having this issue as well, phone is as delivered from Sprint, since software update, randomly reboots itself (the only way I usually notice is the tone as it turns itself back on)... frustating!

Hoss

Administrator
Administrator
Message 8 of 18

just.hoss said:

I am having this issue as well, phone is as delivered from Sprint, since software update, randomly reboots itself (the only way I usually notice is the tone as it turns itself back on)... frustating!

Hoss

View original

Can you post your serial number in your profile? Thanks!

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
just_hoss
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 18

Matt

Done.

curiously, It didn't reboot yesterday or today (yet) - man, you are good! ;o)

there are so many things that I want to like about this phone, and just a few small issues that, if resolved, would really make it top notch.

Hoss

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 10 of 18

just.hoss said:

Matt

Done.

curiously, It didn't reboot yesterday or today (yet) - man, you are good! ;o)

there are so many things that I want to like about this phone, and just a few small issues that, if resolved, would really make it top notch.

Hoss

View original

@hoss:  Home free? Smiley Happy

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."