Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VikingsGlen
What's DOS?
Views: 1,397
Message 1 of 4

Update to 55.11.79.XT603 fails

My phone currently has 55.11.69.XT302. I received a notification that there's a critical update to 55.11.79. The download went fine, but after the first reboot when it's doing the install, after a few seconds it stops, a triangle with an exclamation point appears for a couple of seconds, then the phone reboots with a notification that the update failed.

I did a data wipe and reinstalled everything but the update notice disappeared. So I took it to Sprint. They said there was nothing they could do.  Since then the notice about the needed update is back, but it still fails as before.

What's the next step? What am I looking for? What do I need to do?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 4

Re: Update to 55.11.79.XT603 fails

Before installing an update, the update software checks for the presence of certain apps/processes on your device.  If the check process fails, it is likely that your device has been modified and the app or process that the update seeks has been frozen or removed.

If that is the case, then you need to get your device back to stock (no, and FDR won't cut it as an FDR won't reverse some of the things that are possible to change once you've modified your device) and the update should then install without issue.

I hope this helps!

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
VikingsGlen
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

That worked!  I had tried a Factory Data Reset before posting. As you stated, that didn't fix the problem.  I had also disabled some services and several apps that I will never under any circumstances use, such as (but not limited to) Google Play Music and QChat. Reenabling them fixed the problem.

Thanks!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 4

VikingsGlen said:

That worked!  I had tried a Factory Data Reset before posting. As you stated, that didn't fix the problem.  I had also disabled some services and several apps that I will never under any circumstances use, such as (but not limited to) Google Play Music and QChat. Reenabling them fixed the problem.

Thanks!

View original

Yay!  Glad it finally worked and you are back in business! Smiley Happy

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."