Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
just_hoss
What's DOS?
Views: 24,402
Message 1 of 6

cannot accept MS outlook meetings/appointments?

Hello

seemingly,(since last  software update???) I am unable to accept meetings sent to me over my corporate (MS outlook) email.

the invite/meetings arrive fine , but when opened, the box to 'accept/ tentative,  or decline won't hightlight or change, and the drop down doesn't do anything either. same goes for the reminder time? also, I can't reply or forward from the initial screen, but can from the upper right corner once the meeting/invite is opened (but still can't accept).

this is the same regardless of the sender, and they all open/function fine from my desktop.

worked fine for a year or so, any ideas?

Hoss

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 6

Re: cannot accept MS outlook meetings/appointments?

Hi Hoss,

Have you tried clearing the calendar data? 

Also are you using the sytock email app, or a third party app?

Thanks,

J

just_hoss
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

forgive my lack of  tech prowess, but what do you mean by clearing the  calander data?

oh, and stock app, I guess (I haven't changed anything)

worked fine when I got the phone, and for the first year, but now, for some reason- no go?

Hoss

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 6

If you go into Settings -> application -> manage applications, select the all tab and scroll till you find the Calendar app. Select it, and there should be two buttons, Clear data, and Clear Cache.

Give those a try, you will have to go into the calendar settings and set it all up again. but it may help.

Thanks,

J

just_hoss
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

so I just got notice of the  Motoral admiral critical update (55.11.79.en.US), and lo/behold, one of the notes is that it adds the ability to 'accept calender appointments on the device" when using exchange... might this help? downloading now, fingers crossed!

Hoss

just_hoss
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6

UPDATE- ISSUE RESOLVED! woo-hooyes

after months of inability to accept/decline any MS outlook meetings or appointments on my Admiral, the update (55.11.79.en.US),has finally resolved the issue! interestingly, it worked fine when I first got the phone, but then lost the abilty? at any rate, very happy to have that feature back.

Hoss