Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ATRIX™ 2 ME865
All Forum Topics
Options

18 Posts

07-06-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 9

Do I really need screen guard for atrix?

2012-07-09, 8:43 AM

I want to protect my phone. I waanna know, if at all, whether my gorilla glass screen is still vulnerable to scratches..

Options

8 Posts

07-25-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 9

Re: Do I really need screen guard for atrix?

2012-07-25, 11:46 AM

not exactly if you handle with care......screen guard still would be recommended if you are a heavy user just to be sure its safe...

Options

5 Posts

07-29-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2012-08-04, 6:49 AM

I would say yes, we do need a screenguard. I have thought the same that gorilla glass doesnt need it, but i have lately seen two scratches on the surface to my surprise, I have tried two of the amzer screen guard, firt the anti glare one, which was good until it lasted and now using the "mirror" screen guard, which i am starting to hate, i will only keep it until i get a better one.

Options

32 Posts

08-07-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2012-08-07, 22:32 PM

I've gone about 7 months with this Atrix and it's holding up quite well minus one or two very minor pock marks where I dropped it pretty hard. It all really boils down to how hard you are on your phones. This is my 4th Moto smart phone. If you can find a ZAGG InvisibleShield, that would be your best bet for about 15 bucks. Antiglare and antifingerprint. It can also be reused if down carefully and correctly.

Options

18 Posts

07-06-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2012-08-08, 7:27 AM

Guys, 

I cant find good aftermarket accesories for my atrix 2  in India. Flipkart.com does have a screen gaurd but  it is really cheap.

Can anyone suggest where can I find diary a pouch, like that of galaxy s2, for atrix 2 and a good quality screen gaurd.

For non Indian memebers,

Please suggest a website that does international shipping.

Thanks 

Options

5 Posts

07-29-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2012-08-08, 7:42 AM

xtremeguard.com they have one of the best screen / full body protectors, these are not typics screen guards and takes a little time to apply, with that soap liquid and stuff but i believe these are the best. and best part is xtremeguard is offering them on 75% off when you buy two or more, use the coupon code xtreme75. I have tried to get few in but wasnt successful with the international credit card, if you have the paypal account then try it once. 

and for other accessories try fommy.co.in they have the most number of cases and other accessories, i got a leather pouch, a silicone case, a crystal clear snap on, an amzer shellster, a anti glare screen guard and a mirror screen guard for my A2, spent too much on accessories, right now happy with the shell case that came with the shellster and will use the amzer antiglare screenguard.

Options

4 Posts

08-06-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2012-08-10, 17:39 PM

I use X-O skin on my phone.

Options

8 Posts

09-25-2012

India

1 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 8 of 9

2012-09-25, 14:15 PM

Yezdani83 said:

xtremeguard.com they have one of the best screen / full body protectors, these are not typics screen guards and takes a little time to apply, with that soap liquid and stuff but i believe these are the best. and best part is xtremeguard is offering them on 75% off when you buy two or more, use the coupon code xtreme75. I have tried to get few in but wasnt successful with the international credit card, if you have the paypal account then try it once. 

and for other accessories try fommy.co.in they have the most number of cases and other accessories, i got a leather pouch, a silicone case, a crystal clear snap on, an amzer shellster, a anti glare screen guard and a mirror screen guard for my A2, spent too much on accessories, right now happy with the shell case that came with the shellster and will use the amzer antiglare screenguard.

View original

I used Skinomi skintech (based on wet spray technology) & I can clearly confirm it is a rubbish product as inspite of extreme care like I took the air streak under the protector will occur after if fully dries not that it shows up clearly when you see the phone but when you see it under flourescent lighting you will see a textured effect but this does not have any effect on the clarity of the screen. Grouse is it's very expensive and not worth it. Regarding your question if you want to keep your phone good as new then do go for screen guards. 

Regarding body case again I invested heavily in Otterbox ( as seen on official Motorola store) and product is excellent but really mars the look & beauty of the phone due to bulk but still I would say for daily use it's required while travelling & for rest of the scenarios let the Atrix 2 shine in all it's solo glory :)

Options

8 Posts

09-25-2012

India

1 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 9 of 9

2012-09-25, 14:18 PM

Also note Otterbox comes with a screen guard as part of package which I did not know & has not been highlighted on product and further another feedback is when you use a credit card to squeeze out the excess spray when using a wet technology screen guard even for a product of Skinomi standard it caused scratches on the guard slightly all over.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms