Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ATRIX™ 2 ME865
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

07-26-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 12

Network problem with Atrix2

2012-07-26, 16:56 PM

Hello,

I'm from India (Bangalore).

I'm gald that I bought Atrix 2. It's a cool phone. But I'm having network issue from the day I got the phone in my hand. 

People can't reach me several times. They get "Number not reachable" message. Even when I attempt dialing numbers, the call disconnects but reconnects successfully on the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

I called Moto Customer Care who imformed that Atrix 2 has its own network problems which will be fixed with ICS upgrade. 

Have any one faced this issue? Did you find a work around?

Thanks, Sourav

Options

3 Posts

07-27-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 12

Re: Network problem with Atrix2

2012-07-27, 3:33 AM

Same Problem with my atrix 2 also,but only after i updated the software 2 days ago.Yesterday, after 1.00pm my network gone completely when i was in bandra-andheri(i am living in mumbai).But while returning home,i got the network back & now it is perfect.(No,there is no network problem in bandra for vodafone,my friend's nokia works perfectly).Now im going for work(bandra).Iwill update the status.

Seems funny..?Trust me,i have gone through the same experience with one earlier update which i have to rollback  from service centre.

After the update,i dont see much changes they have done except the unlock icon.,(may be something is there,i dont know).I thought the camera software(which is a shame with an 8MP tag on it)will get some performance boosters,but nothing.this is my first motorola & i am little upset with it.

One question,every time before an update, the system/service center checks for a warranty.What does this mean? once your warranty expires, you cant get any updates?God help Motorola buyers....Does any one from motorola listening?

Options

8 Posts

07-25-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

2012-07-27, 5:35 AM

I am facing the same issue....Since last 2 days..network is lost before i reach Thane ( i live in Thane, Mumbai). However once i am back to City (Lower Parel) it starts working fine.. Innocent...network is lost and comes back for some 2 secs and then is lost again,......

It behaves like this ..No Subcription to network - > Emergency Calls only - > Network gets restored for some 2 mins and then this cycle continues...Cant figure out whats wrong !!!!!

If i am able to make a call within the 2 secs when the netwrok is restored, phone doesnt gets disonnected....last night again as soon as i recahed Thane..lost the network and got it back once i reached Borivali...now am again in office and its working fine......

Thinking to visit service centre tomorrow,............

Options

6 Posts

07-26-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 12

2012-07-27, 15:02 PM

@arunvunni.. what software di you update 2 day ago?

Options

3 Posts

07-27-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2012-07-27, 17:32 PM

sourav.dey said:

@arunvunni.. what software di you update 2 day ago?

Hi,Sourav,i used"motorola software update" to check any updates available.it suggested an update is available.That is what happened.I am not a techie.So i dont know the technical details 

Options

8 Posts

07-25-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2012-07-28, 8:09 AM
Guys....further update...just came back from mulund service centre..they said its issue beacuse of the updation done 2days back n the problem is eid VODAFONE SIM ONLY..got it degraded to original piece n its working fine now...took 15 mins..
Options

3 Posts

07-27-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2012-07-28, 10:41 AM

Me also...Got the old software in my atrix 2.working fine.When will we get the real(this one is not for india) software update....?Guys,what about my question about warranty? Any news....The service centre people says we cant get updates after your warranty expires....

Options

6 Posts

08-06-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2012-08-06, 9:32 AM

Even I am having similar problems

I am on Airtel in mumbai

the network on my atrix 2 goes blank at times and "only emergency calls" thing shows up.

at times this happens every 2 min. i am out of network for sometime then it comes back again and then again out and the cycle goes on.

And in areas where i kno that i am gonna receive full network i see only 2 bars of network out of 5. it never goes above that.

i talked to airtel customer care about snapping of network, they said that you should change your setting to manual selection of network and then select airtel there and that will solve the problem. But that was in vain. nothing seems to have changed even after that.

after going through this forum it seems that the problem is with motorola'a phone.

I brought atrix 2 just 15 days ago. I didnt have any problem of network on my previous phone with the same simcard.

Guys please help. Should I go to the motorola service centre or talk to them on phone or just wait for any update( i am on android version 2.3.6 ) currently.

Options

18 Posts

07-06-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2012-08-08, 7:17 AM

@Jain Chirag and all

To some extent, My problem of network issues were solved with network selection to manual. I am a tata docomo user in Roorkee. 

Your smart phone tries to find a better network when your parent netwrok is loose and it gets confused in a plethora of netwrok oeprators on which one to select.

Although, I am still not satistfied with it. Earlier my Nokia phone did not had any such problems. Anyways changing to manula works to some extent.

However, many of my friends who use galaxy nexus of galaxy ace also reported netwrok issue. So, I think its not a atrix 2 problem but a android 2.3.6 problem (may be with some handsets)

So, Hopefully, ICS might help

Options

1 Posts

08-08-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2012-08-08, 13:55 PM

raj_atrix said:

Guys....further update...just came back from mulund service centre..they said its issue beacuse of the updation done 2days back n the problem is eid VODAFONE SIM ONLY..got it degraded to original piece n its working fine now...took 15 mins..

Hey Raj,

I am facing the same issue on my phone since the time i did the automatic software update... how did you get the old software on your phone... i went to the Dadar service centre and they told me to keep the phone with them for 10 days or so... i straightaway refused to do this since i had read your post before going there... I am also on Vodafone... Please tell me the address of the Mulund Service centre where you got your software degraded in 15 mins... This network issue is just pissing off.

Eagerly awaiting your response.

Vinit Suri

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms