Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ATRIX™ 2 ME865
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

09-13-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Post ICS upgrade Observation/Issues

2012-09-14, 15:28 PM

1. After the upgrade Music App which came preloaded in GB 2.3.6 is no longer available in ICS. ( i got app hellobob - member atrix 2)

I purchased this mobile phone because of music clarity & superb beats which were in the music app CMP preloaded in 2.3.6. There were some disadvantages with this player but agianst sound clarity they were nothing.

2. After the upgrade Task manager app is also not available. 

3. music player haas been replaced with googles glay music app (google Play) which is totally upsetting, no clarity in the sound, noisy sharp voice, no beats clarity. (nokia mobile which are within 2000rs play better than this.)

4. Unable to control the memory consumed by runnig application,. of 1 GB RAM if you continue install more app phone will start hanging beccause of you are unable to control the running process which are consuming lot of memory. This is big drawback in terms of performance of mobile. 

5. No option to above in the phone settings. No of processes shifts to standad every time when you restart the phone. This setting is availble under developer option, i am not sure if this control the running apps.  

6. Upon the power button press immediately open up password screen for enterprise users this is sometimes may cause problem if user keeping mobile pocket & get keys preseed automatically, or keys pressed by kids or friends not knowing the password. Additionaly no of attemps remaining is not displaying, earlier used to display the same. This is really big drawback - as entire phone data will be erased including data on SD card.

7. Vibration control features are not available.

There are some more important basic simple phone features in terms of user options ( accessbility) missing in motorola atrix 2 (may be other motorola phones as well) - major drawback - which I shall open another thread to discuss the same. This features I had in my Nokia 6233 which I had purchased 6 years back (might have been designed 7yrs back). That was just an 7 MB ROM mobile. These missing features really making me unhappy with Atrix 2/Motorola. 

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Post ICS upgrade Observation/Issues

2012-09-14, 15:45 PM

Moved to non-usa forum

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1407 Signins

8945 Page Views

• Views: 8945
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Post ICS upgrade Observation/Issues

2012-09-14, 15:46 PM
I just did.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms