India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 29

Regarding Motorola Service/Support and Warranty

2013-05-21, 8:44 AM

Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone has ever able to get the Motorola Support/Service to fix any issues. If yes, how long it took and what's the best way to get things done from Motorola Service/Support Centers. Please share your experience.

It's been a month since I gave my phone for service (because of black spot on the screen) and nothing has been done till date. My attempt to get some information on why the delay and expected delivery date etc. Each and every call to the Motorola Support Center has ended up in "request you to wait for ten more days" statements (this is since the week after I the handset for the service).

I'm really running out of patiance and there's no clarity as to what they are going to do if the phone gets out of warranty (the phone being with the service center) and how are they going to componsate for the one month warranty that I lost due to the fact that the handset is sitting idle in the service center.

It's frustrating how Motorola is treating their customers and cheating/fooling them like this.

Regards,

Options

338 Posts

10-31-2011

Philippines

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 29

Re: Regarding Motorola Service/Support and Warranty

2013-05-22, 4:00 AM

Hi there sorry for the delay on your repair. If you have sent the device to Motorola US Repair Center Facility, can you provide me your Return Merchandise Authorization Number? (RMA) so that we can check on it further? 

Options

6 Posts

05-21-2013

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 29

2013-05-22, 4:29 AM

Sorry for the confusion, but I'm not located in US. I'm and Indian resident and had purchased the from India and had submitted the phone for repair in a Service Center in India itself.

And I don't think Motorola has a RMA policy in India - they only can repair it - which hasn't happened in the last one month and I don't see happening in the near future either. Hence the post.

I thought I had posted this in the right forum. Anyway, thanks for your response.

Regards,

Options

19242 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2364 Signins

58367 Page Views

• Views: 58367
  • Message 4 of 29

2013-05-22, 13:24 PM

You posted in the right place, and I escalated your issue. Someone in your region is looking into your repair delay. Please keep us updated.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2137 Posts

07-20-2012

United Kingdom

67 Signins

600 Page Views

• Views: 600
  • Message 5 of 29

2013-05-22, 13:29 PM

Hey jayasimha3000,

The forum manager Matt looked into your case to see how we can help. Matt is pushing from his end and I keep an eye on the progress of this case and keep you updated.

You have posted in the correct forum. luilao probably just did not notice which forum he was in - happens to the best of us.

Cheers,

Nicole

Options

338 Posts

10-31-2011

Philippines

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 29

2013-05-23, 1:34 AM

jayasimha3000 said:

Sorry for the confusion, but I'm not located in US. I'm and Indian resident and had purchased the from India and had submitted the phone for repair in a Service Center in India itself.

And I don't think Motorola has a RMA policy in India - they only can repair it - which hasn't happened in the last one month and I don't see happening in the near future either. Hence the post.

I thought I had posted this in the right forum. Anyway, thanks for your response.

Regards,

View original

Indeed you are in the right place yes and don't worry we are looking into it..

Options

6 Posts

05-21-2013

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 29

2013-05-23, 3:47 AM

Thanks a lot all.

Not sure if it was all your efforts or my constant pestering of the Motorola Support, I was contacted by a Motorola Personnel in yesterday morning assuring the part will be dispatched and should be available with the Service Center, worst case by Thursday afternoon.

Though there seems to be some confusion among Motorola and Serivce Center on when the part will be dispatched, I'm hopeful that the handset will be fixed, worst case, by Saturday.

It was really frustrating not to get proper answers from Motorola Support and constant parroting of the same answers again and again over emails.

Thanks a lot for all your efforts, will keep you posted smiley

Options

2137 Posts

07-20-2012

United Kingdom

67 Signins

600 Page Views

• Views: 600
  • Message 8 of 29

2013-05-23, 11:45 AM

Hey jayasimha3000,

Great news! Keep us updated.

Cheers,

Nicole

Options

6 Posts

05-21-2013

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 29

2013-05-26, 6:58 AM

Got my phone back on Saturday with couple of lint and dust particles between the screen (as expected). I do not intend to give it back to get it cleaned (not worth the wait and lousy service work).

Noticed that the mother board was replaced (with new IMEI and New Zealand version of the Android) - considering the only issue that the phone had was a black spots in the LCD screen I'm not sure why this was done (could have simply replaced the LCD screen instead).

Appreciate your support on this, thanks once again.

Options

9 Posts

06-20-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 29

2013-06-20, 23:36 PM

my story rma819791. i bought a new non contract xt910 they did an ota software push  from 4.04 ics to 4.1.2 jb and it crashed my phone. i did a data wipe cache wipe and root factory reset...no help. the gave me a rma sent the phone on may 31 have verification it was delivered to its texas repair station june 5. never logged in lost. also i have a xt 912 and they crossed the serial numbers. i have called the service repair center six times with no resolution. they cant find the phone, they are asking me for the 910 serial number (wasnt on the motorola box). motorola bricked it, lost it and seems not honoring their warranty. buyers beware their service is less than stellar

greg

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete