02-03-2016

US

2362 Signins

58302 Page Views

• Views: 58302
  • Message 21 of 29

Re: Regarding Motorola Service/Support and Warranty

2013-06-25, 14:54 PM

This is a bit of a caveat emptor  moment, I'm afraid. With a global Internet it's impossible to police cross-regional sales. And our agents are trained to support specific countries only -- and even that is a huge and often overwhelming task. But as I said above, we are working to reach a point where we can support devices regardless of region in as many cases as possible.

While I am forbidden by my own forum rules from recommending any action that voids warranty, I guess this falls outside the boundary as warranty doesn't apply. Your proposed course of action is probably as good as I could come up with.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

6 Posts

05-21-2013

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 22 of 29

2013-06-25, 17:49 PM

And still, Motorola Authorized service centers itself are replacing older ones with whatever they have in stock!

As communicated earlier, the authorized service center itself gave me a replacement with a NZ operating system. Can you explain that?

When Motorola is incapable of servicing the warranty, what's the point of keeping the warranty?

Options

19232 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2362 Signins

58302 Page Views

• Message 23 of 29

2013-06-25, 20:14 PM

I actually missed your comment earlier that you received NZ OS -- I can't explain it and I will ask. I freely admit that the repair organization in India is a mystery to me. Is it working for you on the NZ software?

I think I've said a lot about our warranty above and don't really want to repeat it all. I wish I could do more for greg.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

9 Posts

06-20-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 24 of 29

2013-06-25, 22:14 PM

matt

06/21/2013 12:51 PM

Dear Mr. Gregory Lower, 

Thank you for contacting Motorola Repair Escalation, I do want to apologize for the inconvenience. As stated in our conversation, you can contact our repair facility in Australia for assistance in repairing your device. You can send them an email at the below link and you can also give them a call at the 1300 number available on the link. Your device will be shipped back to you. Once tracking number is available for update, we will inform you and you will receive the package over night. Your case number to reference to for this issue is: 130605-006375. Was a pleasure assisting you, thank you for contacting Motorola. 

this is what i am saying about your customer service. look at the date on the email. i dont have a followup email with a tracking number. have no idea where my phone is from last week. that was the original query of this thread , experience with moto service and warranty. doesnt look so good for the home boys does it.

Options

9 Posts

06-20-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 25 of 29

2013-06-28, 19:32 PM

update

called the escalation department today. tracked my serial number cant find my phone or tell me if it was shipped back to me. told me they would call me tommorrow.

Options

9 Posts

06-20-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 26 of 29

2013-07-01, 19:13 PM

update

they didnt call as they said they would. called back today still cant find the phone comment about how many times on the case i have called for resolution. it has been over a month now. i have lost the ability to use the thirty day return to the retailer. anybody have any suggestions?

Options

19232 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2362 Signins

58302 Page Views

• Message 27 of 29

2013-07-01, 20:33 PM

I will try again to reach out.

Options

6 Posts

07-29-2013

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 28 of 29

2013-07-29, 12:45 PM

Hello

I posted today I bought Atrix phone on Auction website the seller is out of business the phone was boxed un used and needed registering with carrier phone less than 10 months old.

tried resetting to factory settings still the fault.

when you make a call no ringing when connected no voice, when receiving no ringing no voice, but works on speaker phone spoke to customer service Motorola UK said send to repair shop. sent it was told they can fix with in 5-7 working days , 10 days later sorry can't fix phone will give you a refund. but you make the phone there is no spares?

sent my phone back as it was . If Motorola cannot fix your phone who can no spares still making the phones

Options

1 Posts

09-18-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 29 of 29

2013-09-18, 12:14 PM

Hi Matt,

I work at Freescale Semiconductor (a spin off from Motorola). I have always been awed by Motorola, and managed to buy a Motorola RAZR MAXX last year after a lot of searching (since it is not easily available in India). Everything was perfect until the headphone jack began to misbehave, till the point there was completely no sound from the earphone. This was the only issue in the phone.

I gave in the phone for servicing on 29th July 2013 (it was still under warranty), at the Noida (India) Service Center. I was told all phones are sent to  Chennai (India) for servicing and would get it back in 15 days. It has been nearly 50 days now, and I still have no news about the phone.

1. Service Center personnel at Noida said there is no information in the system on 2nd Sept, a month after I gave the phone in. I was told to call the India toll free number 18003004343.

2. I called up the toll free number for India on 2nd Sept, and was given complaint no 130902004686; and told to wait for a reply within 48 hours. I got no reply.

3. I called up again on 17th Sept 2013. I was told that they have "no information on their system regarding the whereabouts of my phone". I was given the phone no of Mr Praveen Kumar, Regional Manager of Motorola Services for Delhi (Ph +91- 9310622236).

4. Repeated attempts to call him over the last 2 days have proved futile, since he never picks up the call.

5. I have sent a mail through the Motorola website yesterday regarding the same (complaint no 130917000494) and haven't had a response till now.

I am posting here as a last resort. I request you kindly look into the matter. I understand a certain amount of delay would occur, but having no information in the system regarding my phone's whereabouts is simply unacceptable. Worst of all the is the callousness of the Regional Manager in not even picking up the phone. I have bought 3 other phones from Motorola since last year, and this experience of bad customer service is making me really regret my decision.

Please let me know if you need any other information. I have a valid proof of purchase and service job sheet. Hoping for a quick resolution in the issue.

Regards,

Gautham H

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete