Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ATRIX™ 2
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 5

Atrix 2 Issue with music and pictures

2012-11-01, 21:06 PM

I have Motrola Atrix 2 (AT&T) after the upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich the phine dropped all of my preset ring tones and notifications. Now it says I have no music in the phone if I use the regular music player and my gallery shows i have no pictures. Yet I can go to the "my file" folder and I can access my music or pictures manually one at a time. For a day this seemed to clear up the issue as the "My Gallery" and My Music" apps saw the files for a while but within a few ours it dropped them again. 

I have tried remvoing the SD card and putting it back it and renving the battery, at least 3 times each to no avail. Any ideas or is anyone else having this issue?

Also I cant seem to get Motocast or mobility to work. Mobility will not come up at all and motacast says I don't have the program on my computer (whch I do---I even reinstalled it).

Lastly I tired all over the above with Motocast unInstalled.

Thanks in adavnce.

Options

97 Posts

12-05-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

Re: Atrix 2 Issue with music and pictures

2012-11-02, 1:42 AM

With regards to the music and pictures, I had a similar problem with mine during/right after the ICS upgrade. My solution was to backup the SD card, format the SD card, reinsert the SD card on the phone, then load all my music/ring-tones/etc back on the SD card.

I'm not sure about motocast but I know they updated the drivers for the phone and software. Download the new stuff here: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/78863/p/30%2C6720%2C8109  

Options

32 Posts

08-07-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2012-11-19, 6:24 AM
I'm having a similar issue. The phone keeps changing my ringtones to something I didn't select. It also is sporadic when selecting music to play or trying to assign to a playlist. I'm about to throw this against the wall
Options

1 Posts

11-21-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2012-11-21, 14:03 PM

I have the same exact problem, but can't seem to find a soultion for it.

Options

408 Posts

03-24-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2012-11-21, 16:20 PM

Based on past experiences with other "smartphones" I chose to make a list of all of my apps using App Dragon and emailing it to myself before attempting an upgrade.  In addition, I backed up all of the photos and music or ringtone and the sdcard itself to my laptop andI also ran Google Backup then ran the update routine.

When I ran the update routine I also had none of that data appear but was comfortable that I had it available and connected the phone to the computer again.  When I did I saw that the connection triggered the sync element of the Motorola app on the laptop but that it was set to sync TO the phone and not FROM the phone.  The result was that the sync operation delivered only pictures from my default photo directory on the laptop.

Subsequently I manually restored all of the files to the phone from the file folder I had dedicated to it and everything was fine.  While I don't have the upgrade instructions available now I recall a warning to back up everything before initiating the  upgrade.  I learned from experiences that I had had with other smartphones that the only safe thing to do is manually make backups and count on them for restoring my phone to the condition it was in before starting the upgrade.  I also found out this time that Google Backup made my life phenomonally easier.  Any time I do an upgrade in the future I will always use Google Backup.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)