Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ATRIX™ 2
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

12-22-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 8

Atrix2 Anyone Not Update To ICS

2012-10-28, 2:12 AM
 Did any one not update to ICS? I have not yet and was wondering if there was anyone else and why? Or anyone who did update and wish they had not. I read about all of the problems here and wonder if it is worth it. I have my phone set up and encounter
very few issues now and do not know if it is worth the trouble.

Thanks for any help or decison making comments any one can provide.
Answer
Options

7 Posts

10-17-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

Re: Atrix2 Anyone Not Update To ICS

2012-10-29, 1:22 AM

I have not upgraded yet.. after seeing some of the problems here, I have decided to wait a while..  I am sure there are thousands of people out there who have upgraded with no 'problems'.  Most of those people are not going to find this forum, and say Yep, it's great, thanks.  Most of those with problems WILL.  However, my phone works fine right now, and I dont need ICS, so I'll see if the issues presented get fixes/solved before I commit.  I understand once you do, you cant go back..

I think some people on here need to calm down, moto didnt have to give us ICS.  I'm sure motorola is doing what they can to solve any issues.  My advice, be patient.  Decide later.. ;)

Replies(7)
Options

97 Posts

12-05-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 8

2012-10-28, 2:44 AM

I did the update and have not experienced in major problems.  I did have an issue with my SD locking up the update, but I yanked it in the middle of the update reformatted it and that fixed that.   I have noticed the homescreen locking up every so often (once a week) but a reboot fixes it.  I would say ICS is way way way better than Gingerbread and would recommend upgrading. P.S. Backup your SD card though ;)   

Options

7 Posts

10-28-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2012-10-28, 18:09 PM

DONT DO IT! I would wait at least another month or two before you update to ICS. I have had nothing but problems with the update. Most of which Motorola has no clue as how to fix. I would wait till they send out a few firmware or updates to the update first.

Options

174 Posts

09-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2012-10-28, 19:37 PM
Motorola has abandoned us. I doubt they will fix the bugs with ics!!!!!!!!
Options

3 Posts

10-27-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2012-10-28, 21:13 PM

the ics update fixed all the bugs I was experiencing with gb, and I have not had even a single issues with ics... except for the seperation of dialer and contacts, but that's not really a bug, just a poor design decision. 

Answer
Options

7 Posts

10-17-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2012-10-29, 1:22 AM

I have not upgraded yet.. after seeing some of the problems here, I have decided to wait a while..  I am sure there are thousands of people out there who have upgraded with no 'problems'.  Most of those people are not going to find this forum, and say Yep, it's great, thanks.  Most of those with problems WILL.  However, my phone works fine right now, and I dont need ICS, so I'll see if the issues presented get fixes/solved before I commit.  I understand once you do, you cant go back..

I think some people on here need to calm down, moto didnt have to give us ICS.  I'm sure motorola is doing what they can to solve any issues.  My advice, be patient.  Decide later.. ;)

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

10-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2012-11-15, 2:43 AM

I upgraded to ICS didn't like it.  For someother reason (unlreated to ICS upgrade I hope), my battery wouldn't  charge after it went dead once.  AT&T replaced my phone and I got one with GB.   I was glad :).

I hate the fact that they removed the contacts tab from the dailer in ICS.

Options

38 Posts

09-30-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2012-11-15, 14:49 PM

the screen turn on single, the phone in the pocket makes accidental calls by that problem, I'm tired of motorola

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms