08-02-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Atrix HD: Unable to setup email!

2012-08-02, 21:05 PM

I just received my Atrix HD today, and it refuses to recognize my verizon.net email address! I'm completely frustrated as to what to do. Every time I try to configure the email it says my password is incorrect. But of course, I can connect to my email fine from my home network via PC and laptop.

Any ideas? This is very disappointing, as I was really looking forward to using this phone. If it is a technical issue between Motorola and Verizon, I'll have no choice but to return the phone. Cry

Solved! See the solution
Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Atrix HD: Unable to setup email!

2012-08-03, 13:07 PM

Are you trying to setup the phone automatically or manually? If you have not tried the manual setup, I would recommend that as the automatic setup makes some assumptions that don't always work.

When you start to add the email account, there is an option to do a manual setup. You will need the incoming and outgoing server information to do this. Also, if VZW offers encrypted connections. If you don't have this information it should be available online.

My guess is that VZW requires different settings when accessing email over the internet, compared to being on the VZW network as your home PC is connected. You could try using your home Wifi connection to do the setup, but then it may not work when using 3G at home.

There is no technical reason why VZW email won't work on the phone, but if any settings are wrong, it could cause erroneous error messages.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

08-02-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Atrix HD: Unable to setup email!

2012-08-03, 18:19 PM

Thanks so much for the information. I did manage to figure it out late last night, and it was as you said, I had to input the incoming and outgoing server information manually.

I'm very happy now that I got it figured out, and I'm enjoying my new phone very much. Thanks! Laughing

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete