07-23-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

What is ColorBoost?

2012-08-09, 13:59 PM

I cannot find any reading or technical information on what ColorBoost technology is.

Why is it more colorful?  What benefits does it offer, darker blacks, brighter, pixel layout?

What is the brightness of the display?

Solved! See the solution
Options

4825 Posts

03-15-2011

US

19 Signins

269 Page Views

• Views: 269
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: What is ColorBoost?

2012-08-09, 14:03 PM

Color boost is simply Moto's marketing term for their new display - Apple has "Retina", and I believe HTC has theirs as well.

It uses the standard RGB pixel layout (it is NOT PenTile), but really it is about pixel density and brightness.

Options

16326 Posts

11-22-2013

US

11 Signins

305 Page Views

• Views: 305
  • Message 3 of 4

2012-08-09, 14:58 PM

Good explanation mk1151!

ColorBoost is Motorola's term for a specific level of display technology and performance.  Specifically, we tuned the display color saturation to beat the leading smartphone on the market. Therefore, we deliver color saturation that matches an OLED for most images but with the performance efficiency of a TFT LCD. Together, this delivers more vibrant colors and 50 percent more pixels. More pixels means higher resolution so images have better clarity and you can see more detail.

Mark
Support Forums Manager 

Mark
Former Employee

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

10 Posts

07-23-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 4

2012-08-09, 15:44 PM

Thanks for the info.  I went to compare the ATrix HD to the S3 and my Droid X.

I retured my S3 because the screen, although sharp and colorful, was too dim.

I just posted this yesterday showing screen shots between the 3 phones.  From what I can tell, the brightness of the Color boost is on par with my DX, but the color is indeed much more vibrant.  It isn't quite on par with the S3, but when you look at the brightness of the S3 next to the DX or Atrix HD, it's apparent it is lacking.  I tried 3 different S3 and they are all the same.  I got tired of everyone saying it was bright enough, I have a defective phone, it was turned up all the way, etc.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-fighter/597683-caution-large-pics-my-screen-thoughts-droid-x-s3-atrix-hd-fighter.html

Color Boost is bright and colorful, but not quite as colorful as AMOLED, but at this point, what good is color if you cannot see the display!

I'll take Color Boost on my Droid Razr HD (shortly).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete