Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gv11
What's DOS?
Views: 4,396
Message 1 of 131

ATRIX HD won't boot, stuck at AT&T logo

For a few days now, Hangouts has been crashing, and Pandora and PocketCasts have been randomly stopping play when connected to BT speakers.  I decided to factory reset the phone.  Didn't realize it could be done from Settings, so used Power/Vol up/Vol down, then selected "Factory".  Only figured out later this was not actually the way to do it.  May have hung at AT&T logo at this point but I can't remember.

Then I used power/vol up to get the "Exclamation point Android man" (isn't there a better term for this), then vol up/vol down to get the "Wipe data/factory reset" option.  Phone seems to start up normally, displaying the animated Moto logo, but after only a brief AT&T logo animation the logo remains there and nothing else happens.  Not that I watch the AT&T animation that often, but what animation there is does not look like what I've seen on past boots.

Any suggestions to fix this?

Phone is not and has never been rooted.

TLittlep
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 131

Re: ATRIX HD won't boot, stuck at AT&T logo

I am having a very similar problem.  Been going on for several days now.  If it is any consolation, i was unable to get the factory reset option in the android menu interface to work.  Could there be a recent update on a key application that would cause this?

TLittlep
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 131

One additional note.  I am on the verge of leaving the Atix HD and moving on.  The only thing keeping me around is the "impending" release of the Kit Kat update.  However, my patience is wearing very thin with no word from Motorola.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 131

Actually, you did the reset in the recommended way.  An FDR via the recovery menu is thought to be a more thorough wipe than the menu method.

Let me ask around to see if anyone has any ideas to help.

gv11
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 131

crystallet said:

Actually, you did the reset in the recommended way.  An FDR via the recovery menu is thought to be a more thorough wipe than the menu method.

Let me ask around to see if anyone has any ideas to help.

View original

I assume it would be a waste of time to call AT&T for help.  How about MOT itself?

I never considered rooting, but since the phone is effectively bricked, would it make sense to root then go back to stock ROM?  I'm not asking how as I know that is not allowed here, but seems like it would be the last resort.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 131

I've asked the question.  If I get an answer, I'll let you know.

You've never modified the phone in any way?

TLittlep
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 131

I appreciate the effort as well.  It sounds like I am having the exact same problem.  I have never modified my phone in any way other than the two updates by Motorola for jelly bean in 2012 and the patch earlier this year.  It sure seems strange to have such similar problems occur randomly.

gv11
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 131

crystallet said:

I've asked the question.  If I get an answer, I'll let you know.

You've never modified the phone in any way?

View original

No mods ever.  Even abandoned Tasker because much of what I wanted it to do required root.

No new app installs recently, didn't pay much attention to updates for existing apps. Recently cleared cache from recovery, reformatted SD card, dumped infrequently used apps to see if that would help with overall phone speed, which seems to have deteriorated over the last few months.  Those things didn't help much with speed, and then when Hangouts (linked to text messaging) crapped out every time launched I figured it was time to factory reset.

gv11
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 131

TLittlep said:

One additional note.  I am on the verge of leaving the Atix HD and moving on.  The only thing keeping me around is the "impending" release of the Kit Kat update.  However, my patience is wearing very thin with no word from Motorola.

View original

Yes, impending KitKat and the headache of refitting the car with different mount were keeping me from jumping ship.  My wife also has ATRIX HD (fortunately not exhibiting same symptoms) so phones have to be the same for car harmony.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 10 of 131

gv1 said:

TLittlep said:

View original

Yes, impending KitKat and the headache of refitting the car with different mount were keeping me from jumping ship.  My wife also has ATRIX HD (fortunately not exhibiting same symptoms) so phones have to be the same for car harmony.

View original

Car harmony for me would mean switching to a 4 to 5 year old feature phone.  Not happenin'!     ;-)

Would you like me to see if I can get someone to check on the server to see if anything strange is going on?  You would have to turn on the permission if it's not already set.