Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gv11
What's DOS?
Views: 1,230
Message 11 of 131

Re: ATRIX HD won't boot, stuck at AT&T logo

crystallet said:

...Would you like me to see if I can get someone to check on the server to see if anything strange is going on?  You would have to turn on the permission if it's not already set.

View original

Not sure what you are asking.  Where would I set permission?

gv11
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 131

Fixed!

Poked around xdadevelopers long enough to find the right combination of [removed] and Factory ROM to get it going again. Those AT&T boot tones never sounded better!  Let me know if I'm allowed to post the details.

Now going through the tedious task of setting up as I had before.

Edited by crystallet (Moderator) to remove name of software not generally available to the public.

We're extremely happy that you got the phone up and running again!   smiley

Of course, as a Motorola employee, you may well have access to software that is not generally available to the public, so I removed its name.  

Just to answer your previous question, though, the permissions I referred to would be in your Privacy settings.  By allowing Motorola to gather information from your phone, they might have been able to find a reason, or maybe only a clue, as to why it wasn't operating properly.  Once done, you could have changed your Privacy settings back to the way you originally had them.

In any event, all's well that ends well.  Here's to car harmony!

TLittlep
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 131

Please post the details!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 14 of 131

TLittlep said:

Please post the details!

View original

The Forum House Rules don't permit discussions about modding, and, as I said above, the method used by @gv1 requires proprietary Motorola software that is not generally made available to the public.  

Have you been able to get your phone to boot up?  Would you like me to ask if someone can look on the server to perhaps gain some insight as to why your phone isn't operating properly?  And, if you can't boot your phone, do you remember what your Privacy settings were?

TLittlep
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 131

Appreciate any help you can provide. You have my permission to access the server but it will still not boot. I plan to try another FDR and stop any updates to see if I have functionality. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 16 of 131

I've made the request, but I can't promise anything.  Let's see what happens.

TLittlep
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 131

Just to update, the FDR is not working. I have wiped the system, wiped the cache partition and rebooted twice. The phone opens with the Moto animation and then starts the AT&T logo. After a few seconds the logo freezes and the phone is stuck.   It seem to be in the same situation as gv1 described in the initial post to this thread. 

gv11
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 131

TLittlep said:

Just to update, the FDR is not working. I have wiped the system, wiped the cache partition and rebooted twice. The phone opens with the Moto animation and then starts the AT&T logo. After a few seconds the logo freezes and the phone is stuck.   It seem to be in the same situation as gv1 described in the initial post to this thread. 

View original

Sent you a PM with details of my solution. Check your inbox.

TLittlep
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 131

As i look at the issue of a frozen AHD at the AT&T logo, it appears to have occurred to several folks.  Here is another person on <link removed>.  Are there more of you out there?

I am wondering if there is a problem with some recent Google or AT&T app update.  I am trying to avoid re-rooting my device but it would seem that there are few alternatives.  Is anyone from Motorola monitoring this issue?

I have a stock AHD with no mods to the phone and have had no luck in factory resets.  It seems there is something more going on that the typical "user error" blame game.  Motorola staff; are you out there?

EDIT  - please follow house rules. No links to hacking/modding discussions. AlphaDog

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 20 of 131

If you are trying to avoid re-rooting, that implies you rooted before. Maybe the leftover exploit or files is the cause of the issue. There is no official way back to stock after rooting, so something you did could be the root cause. 

It is odd that a few people just reported this, but so far no common thread that I see. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum