Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeekTropical
What's DOS?
Views: 703
Message 91 of 131

Re: ATRIX HD won't boot, stuck at AT&T logo

By the way, I know exactly when this happened. I was looking inside of facebook for a you tube video. The video page came up.. not sure if it started but then it went reboot... dead. A similar thing happened to me with my Attrix 4g and had to get it swapped when on travel. I think it might be related to the operating system and the new things being updated for newer operating systems.. but that is just my opinion.

fsu92john
What's DOS?
Message 92 of 131

I'm having the same problem. Phone gets to the AT&T logo and sounds play, but then it freezes there. The problem just started this morning. However, for the last couple of days I've noticed that Google+ tries to randomly open (as someone else also reported; I don''t know if this is related). 

I can't even do the factory reset--I've tried pushing vol up/vol down/power, but I don't get the Android man with the exclamation point or the boot options/recovery menu. It just goes straight to the AT&T logo and freezes again.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I was finally able to perform the factory reset, but the phone still freezes at the AT&T logo.

pumpkins3
What's DOS?
Message 93 of 131

Looks like Motorola is going the way of Nokia, Blackberry, Yahoo, AOL and NetZero. In other words, irrelevancy.  Good acquisition Lenovo!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 94 of 131

pumpkins3 said:

Looks like Motorola is going the way of Nokia, Blackberry, Yahoo, AOL and NetZero. In other words, irrelevancy.  Good acquisition Lenovo!

View original

Based on what? Your analogy makes no sense. A phone released 2.5 years ago is having boot issues for some users - no Moto person with a phone can reproduce . Motorola is collecting a phone from a user to evaluate..... What does anything you mentioned above have to do with this?

You reported your issue 3 days ago here - others longer. I think it is great that Moto wants to look at 2 year old phones to try to ascertain a cause.

If Moto can solve this, it sounds like you are no longer interested in a fix. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 95 of 131

pumpkins3 said:

Mark, can I mail my phone to you?

View original

We already have a phone coming back that has just arrived late yesterday and is under observation.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Dkerns16
What's DOS?
Message 96 of 131

AlphaDog said:

Dkerns16 said:

Like everyone else ive been having the same issue with it not booting up. the problem is that i cant really see the IMEI because the rest of the numbers of the phone have been wiped away

View original

What do you mean by the last sentence - that you can't see the IMEI because of numbers being wiped away?

View original

Yea its been wiped away from the sticker all i have are the first three numbers. I was cleaning the slot one day and i accidentally wiped the numbers away with it. By the way everyone else has said something about Google+ crashing and my did the same before all this happened. I've been able to access the phone twice since its happened but it again force closes out of everything and if i do any kind of shut down with the phone it just does what it did before and gets stuck at the AT&T logo.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 97 of 131

You should be able to log into your AT&T account, or call them to get your IMEI number. If you still have the box, it would be on that. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
IamZim
What's DOS?
Message 98 of 131

Having the same problem. Gets to the AT&T logo and stops. I did a hard key reset with no success. Very difficult to turn the phone off; at the lock-up screen the power button will turn off the phone (it vibrates about 5 times), but it immediately restarts. Boots up until the lock-up AT&T logo screen then stays that way until it runs the power out.

Prior to the locking up, the phone would put up messages saying Maps or some other app were not functioning and would be turned off; however, such apps weren't even running.

IamZim
What's DOS?
Message 99 of 131

Mark (Forums Manager) said:

pumpkins3 said:

Mark, can I mail my phone to you?

View original

We already have a phone coming back that has just arrived late yesterday and is under observation.

Mark

Forums Manager

View original

Mark: Based on your comment that you have received a phone, should we expect some response from you today? This is my work phone, and it is non-functional.

fsu92john
What's DOS?
Message 100 of 131

Still not able to get past the AT&T logo screen. Any progress on this issue? I'm not eligible for an upgrade until January, and I need my phone.