Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 453
Message 21 of 24

Re: Atrix HD How do I transfer apps to SD card

Not to my knowledge. Only the samsung s4 is supposed to be seeing that update so far. My son has one now and its running 4.2.2. Still cant do apps to SD yet. Then the app developers need to change there apps to be able to do this. I wish this feature was never removed to begin with. We can hope though.
theenlightened1
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 24

I'm sorry but why is everyone pinning this solely on Google? Sure they have a part in this but my previous device was HTC Desire Z or G2 by Google/T-Mobile. That phone came out with Froyo.. was officially updated to Gingerbread and after I rooted it I installed more than 20 ROMs based on ICS, JB and even KK on it and believe me I ALWAYS had the ability to move app data to SD natively i.e. without installing any extra apps. ALL and ANY ROMs I used had this ability. All I needed to do was to go to apps menu in settings and move app data to SD. My last ROM and daily driver for 2 years was Andromadus nightly build of CM 10.1.3 based on JB and now use the official version of that on my AHD... I was surprised to see how that nightly build natively supported moving app data on DZ but this official version on AHD does not. Makes me think Motorola has a part to play in this as well. Maybe I am wrong but how can a 4 years old phone (HTC DZ) have this ability even with JB or KK but a relatively newer device with a lot better specs does not?

The effects of this as every1 is aware are crippling especially if you like to game like me. After installing all the apps I needed.. I decided to install FIFA 14 and now am left with just 1GB of space with no options to move the app data to SD which has 12GB of free space like I did on DZ. Really? Why have an SD card slot at all then? Most users with all the music and movies dont need more that 8GB of SD card space. The reason we get bigger SD cards is so we can move app data there and install as many apps as we want. Now I can't have more than one game. After FIFA 14 no space for RR or DT or any other big games which I installed simultaneously on my Desire Z.

At least give us an option.. especially if your device comes with just 4-5 GB's of usable space. If you say to us that users with a class 10 or higher SD card can move app data to the card. We would say hurrah and get higher spec cards but to have no options at all is shocking for an OS and platform people started using coz they loved its versatility and customization. At least Apple gives 32 or 64GB of space without SD card slots. Now I have 12GB's useless SD card space and an almost filled up internal mem with no way to move the large game app data to the SD... well done Google and Motorola indecision

Please give us an update to counter this serious limitation. As for now, I'm looking for and hoping that there is a ROM out there that supports this natively.

mariposa1970
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 24

Sooooo On this subject, Access Sd for apps, Will the [if ever] 4.4 allow moving stuff to SD ? My phone constantly says not enough storage. I did move my Pix's & Music to the SD card. Thanks for any input.

theenlightened1
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 24

mariposa1970 said:

Sooooo On this subject, Access Sd for apps, Will the [if ever] 4.4 allow moving stuff to SD ? My phone constantly says not enough storage. I did move my Pix's & Music to the SD card. Thanks for any input.

View original

I did find an app that I use to transfer game data (large obb files) to my SD but since the forum does not allow talk of "modding" which this is not I can't tell you the name. Just go Play store and search for what the other word for "directory" is and the word that comes before Everest. Smiley Wink