Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chicagoman88
Token Ring
Views: 956
Message 1 of 14

Atrix HD: Will it get KitKat?

When will the KitKat update be available for the Motorola Atrix HD?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 14

Re: Atrix HD: Will it get KitKat?

Still no answer from Motorola yet.......
fhinton
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 14

The quarter is nearly over.  According to some past stories that I've read, The Atrix HD is supposed to be updated to Kit Kat during the third quarter.  There is less than a week left in it.

fhinton
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 14

This is the last day of the quarter.  If Motorola were serious about updating the Atrix HD to Kit Kat, there would have been some news about it before now.  They've been stonewalling us for nearly a year.  I can't even get anyone to address the issue that I'm having with Bluetooth. 

Chicagoman88
Token Ring
Message 5 of 14

Yeah I have been having issues also. I have been waiting for the kit Kat update for over a year now and no one at Motorola will answer my emails. Looks like we are going to have to upgrade devices.
MajorLag
Punch Card
Message 6 of 14

So who is the hold up here Motorola or AT&T?

It seems that the kitkat updates for the Verizon equivalent phones have been rolling out since sometime in May.

Eagle328 you have any thoughts on this?

Chicagoman88
Token Ring
Message 7 of 14

I think they are both at fault on this one.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 14

fhinton said:

The quarter is nearly over.  According to some past stories that I've read, The Atrix HD is supposed to be updated to Kit Kat during the third quarter.  There is less than a week left in it.

View original

I just checked the Motorola website, and it doesn't have a stated schedule for the rollout.  May I ask where you saw that it would happen by the end of Q3?

fhinton
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 14

It was a story that David Shuster did a few months ago.  Now let me ask you a question that I've never been able to get an answer too.  I have been having issues with Bluetooth since the security update was pushed out back in May and now my Bluetooth isn't working at all.  Why haven't you or any of the other moderators or experts been able to answer my questions?  I'll await your reply.

fhinton
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 14

As far as who's to blame for the hold up, I think Motorola is more to blame.  They've had a year to test the software and get approval from AT&T, and they've decided to back burner the entire process.  The RAZR's on Verizon have basically the same software, with some design differences, and all of the units from the same time period as the Atrix HD have been upgraded.  It's the same thing as when they kept delaying the update to the Atrix 2.  As far as the issue that I asked about with my Bluetooth, I won't hold my breath waiting for anyone to get back to me.