cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
palmbeach05
What's DOS?
Views: 720
Message 41 of 85

Re: Atrix HD is getting Android 4.4 Kit Kat :)

MajorLag said:

And so goes another day of not being done with Q3, when Moto has said that they will release it in Q3. Before you and everyone else keep on this path of lets throw Moto under the bus, lets ask ourselves something. ATT has 4.1.1 with Heartbleed vulnerability. This vulnerability was patched in 4.1.2 and in the update that was released just a few short months ago. 4.4.2 is what we are expecting. Moto is pushing the security patches seen in 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 to the KitKat eligible devices. Would you like Moto to not keep their word on patching up the vulnerabilities and give you a release that is comparable to 4.1.1 (vulnerable), or would you like Moto to give us those security patches (CVE-2014-0224 fixed, eliminating an OpenSSL man-in-the-middle vulnerability)?

Quit complaining over Moto trying to give you an update that will have the latest security patches.

View original

It looks like you guys in palmbeach have been drinking the cool aid again!

My phone was on 4.1.2 before that patch in April and the patch took it back to 4.1.1 at least that's what mine says in "About Phone"

Android version 4.1.1

Build date: Mon Apr 28 23:38:26 PDT 2014

Keep drinking the cool aid palmbeach05 maybe they'll let you be a tester...

There will never be a perfect version and by your way of thinking we will never get our phones updated.

View original

Cool aid this before you keep that lie up. http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=7 show us all where you had a 4.1.2 build from ATT.

Furthermore, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2751263

Would you like to keep lying about how you magically had a never released ATT branded 4.1.2, got notification for the update and installed the update, rolling you back to 4.1.1?

BTW, the updater-script file from within the update. (line 1 shows necessary version before update, line 2 shows post-update version)

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "system", "/system");

assert(file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "motorola/MB886_att/qinara:4.1.1/9.8.0Q-97_MB886_FFW-20/27:user/release-keys" ||

file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "motorola/MB886_att/qinara:4.1.1/9.8.0Q-97_MB886_FFW-28/38:user/release-keys");

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 42 of 85

I have to agree that an OS update will not take you back a version.  A patch however, will not necessarily change the current version number.

Feel free to continue to disagree with each other, but please follow the house rules.

Thank you. 

palmbeach05
What's DOS?
Message 43 of 85

crystallet said:

I have to agree that an OS update will not take you back a version.  A patch however, will not necessarily change the current version number.

Feel free to continue to disagree with each other, but please follow the house rules.

Thank you. 

View original

That is true, there are stand alone patches that can be applied. However, for the update/patch that was released in May, the script does state that in this case, there was a version change.

Artem230
What's DOS?
Message 44 of 85

Hello! Are there any news?
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 45 of 85

Unfortunately there is no news..... 
palmbeach05
What's DOS?
Message 46 of 85

Artem230 said:

Hello! Are there any news?View original

Yes, update from yesterday from David Schuster's Google+ page

Hey guys, wanted to give you an update on where we are on getting KitKat out on RAZR HD. Over the next couple of weeks we are going to start our soak testing globally. Hopefully all goes well and we can start the full push to everyone. This will be KitKat 4.4.2 with the key security patches from 4.4.3 and 4.4.4.

Since RHD was given the update first, makes sense that they got the attention first to get the 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 fixes first. This means, that now that the already released updated devices have gotten the patch, that ours should be right behind it. Makes sense esp since RHD and AHD are very similar.

tgh71
What's DOS?
Message 47 of 85

Enjoying my new Samsung S5 with Gearfit watch, super-fast, the battery lasts all day, unlike the Atrix, amazing HD camera. Glad I am not waiting anymore for this.
So long Motorola!
palmbeach05
What's DOS?
Message 48 of 85

tgh71 said:

Enjoying my new Samsung S5 with Gearfit watch, super-fast, the battery lasts all day, unlike the Atrix, amazing HD camera. Glad I am not waiting anymore for this.

So long Motorola!

View original

We're glad that you wanted to take time to promote Gearfit. BTW, I have Kitkat, even if its not from Moto. Idk what you were waiting for when its been made available for you for quite some time.

Artem230
What's DOS?
Message 49 of 85

I do not like touchwiz and do not like samsung. My first mobile phone was Motorola C155 purchased in 2005.
IronTechmonkey
What's DOS?
Message 50 of 85

Quoting a post by XDA member [] AL [] in an XDA thread also dedicated to the official AHD KK update at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=55567781&postcount=292

"...if I remember properly, somewhere (on G+ or tweetr ...i could dig it up..) David S. mentioned Moto being delayed but 4-5 wks due to "new, last minute, req's. So technically, it's end of Q3 + 4-5 wks...."

So I guess this could be good news but considering past track records it could just as well be a false hope leading to deeper heartbreak. Prove our doubts wrong Moto, please! Smiley Happy