cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IronTechmonkey
What's DOS?
Views: 516
Message 51 of 85

Re: Atrix HD is getting Android 4.4 Kit Kat :)

palmbeach05 said:

We're glad that you wanted to take time to promote Gearfit. BTW, I have Kitkat, even if its not from Moto. Idk what you were waiting for when its been made available for you for quite some time.

View original

Nicely put, and some of the available versions rock.

LoneStar
What's DOS?
Message 52 of 85

David S. has not mentioned the Atrix HD or responded to questions about it on Google+ in months.  I have waited patiently for Q3 and it has ended without any explanation or update.  I am done.  Goodbye Motorola.

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/stream/z12vstnhzrvntzc1h23sflcbqxb4xvm5a04

palmbeach05
What's DOS?
Message 53 of 85

LoneStar said:

David S. has not mentioned the Atrix HD or responded to questions about it on Google+ in months.  I have waited patiently for Q3 and it has ended without any explanation or update.  I am done.  Goodbye Motorola.

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/stream/z12vstnhzrvntzc1h23sflcbqxb4xvm5a04

View original

That is a line of bs. July 2nd is months. right. You have waited patiently for an official KK when you can enjoy KK all the time for the past yr. As I pointed out days ago, this is not like the A4G. If you want to blow your money on a new phone, by all means, go right ahead, but when this thing gets its official KK release, we'll hit you up and say told you so. On top of that, its only been 6 days since the end of Q3 and you're hitting the panic button saying I can't take it anymore. We're still slated for an update, but ppl like you are so impatient nowadays.

Cricket2
What's DOS?
Message 54 of 85

Alas I dumped by atrix HD for 49$ and got a retail version Moto G 2nd gen which has KitKat out of box and soon getting Android L that's yummy isn't it ?
palmbeach05
What's DOS?
Message 55 of 85

Not really, esp since we're already running KK for about a yr now, even if it wasn't given to us by Moto. Congrats on spending money, I can do that too, I just don't gloat like you do. BTW, AHD is outside of its 18 month upgrade window, so LP would have been a non Moto update anyways. All you did was get a device that has LP being released within 18 months of the device's release. Anyone with a calander can do that too.
Cricket2
What's DOS?
Message 56 of 85

Ya it might be your line of thought but I m haapy with new moto g 2nd gen retail version at least no carrier pitty needed for an update
You might stick to your matrix HD for another decade its your decision
But in front of G 2nd gen atrix HD is a old horse in race with steroids of unofficial ROM
MajorLag
Punch Card
Message 57 of 85

Is anyone still excited a year after the announcement that the HD would be getting kitkat 4.4?

Most of the new phones Moto has released since the announcement are already on the 2nd gen.. and everyone with one of the newer phones is already is already excited about the Android 5 Lollipop release.

Hell it's been so long I can't even remember why I wanted or felt like I need 4.4 on my Atrix HD as it turns out need must not have entered into it at all since I'm still using it and it's still working just fine.

It seems the moral of the story is that there's really no need to buy into all the latest and greatest hype and if it's not broke stop trying to fix it.. enlightenedHave a nice day!

Kggrm70
What's DOS?
Message 58 of 85

The last word there was on Atrix HD issue that I am aware of was from David Schuster via Google Plus on the 25th of June when he commented on the fact that there were security issues that were identified that needed to be addresses with the kitkat update before it could be released. The release of the update was estimated to be the 3rd quarter of 2014. That time has since passed. Have more issues been found to further delay implementation? Does anybody at Motorola have a new estimate on when the kitkat update will be released? Are they going to do what they did to customers of the Atrix when they promised an ICS upgrade but changed their mind at the last minute? Are they going to offer a trade in of $100 for our current phones toward the purchase of a newer Motorola device to mend the rift that the lack of an update will cause with folks like they did with their Atrix customers? Your guess is as good as mine. If anybody at Motorola knows the answers to any of these questions then they are not sharing the details with anyone.

bhepper
What's DOS?
Message 59 of 85

Yes. Definitely disappointed with the lack of communication from Motorola.  Last I heard was maybe Q3 2014 from David Schuster however I did read somewhere someone said Q3 + 4-5weeks.  We're on week 4 going on week 5 so who knows.  Really don't want to have to purchase a new phone but man is it hard seeing all these new Android releases especially with L coming out eventually!

blueno1se
Paper Tape
Message 60 of 85

"I think" the update is very late, especially since this thread started nearly a year ago. Let's go Motorola -- make this (probably final) update available!