cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
palmbeach05
What's DOS?
Views: 667
Message 61 of 85

Re: Atrix HD is getting Android 4.4 Kit Kat :)

I think that before we go blaming Motorola anymore, we need to contact AT&T. I confirmed with Moto that the release has been handed over to AT&T. So now this is an AT&T issue instead of a Motorola issue. This has been reported twice since 1 Nov over on xda.
IronTechmonkey
What's DOS?
Message 62 of 85

palmbeach05 said:

I think that before we go blaming Motorola anymore, we need to contact AT&T. I confirmed with Moto that the release has been handed over to AT&T. So now this is an AT&T issue instead of a Motorola issue. This has been reported twice since 1 Nov over on xda.View original

Agreed. Also, better results might be gained by pressing through AT&T's support ladder until you get an engineer, although that takes persistence, research and knowledge as well as some bluster. Pressing up the corporate line of communications towards At&T Office of the President (if that is what they still call it) might also get better results than calling customer service. I actually had to do something similar to deal with an AT&T LTE service failure which ended up with a canceled contract and switch to T-mobile. It was actually Moto support that helped my find AT&T's patent for the failing technology (public knowledge so not illegal for Moto support to have shared) and get results out of AT&T so... further agreeing with palmbeach05; Motorola is not the bad guy here and has already been helpful by pointing us towards AT&T.

JeffUt
What's DOS?
Message 63 of 85

We it seems like No Kit Kat for Atrix HD and after being locked down with my Photon.....Motorola is about to be my Ancient History!

Liked the fact they started producing phones in USA, so I thought I would hang in there but....

Too many promises broken.I would be out of business if I did business this way.......guess I will become a Samsung Loyalist

MajorLag
Punch Card
Message 64 of 85

Twas a cold and snowy boring day in Ohio yesterday so I thought I would entertain myself on AT&T's online live Chat support.

Here's the results of that:   "The  devil  made me do it"

Thank you for your patience! Your AT&T Representative will be with you shortly.

Welcome! You are now chatting with 'Regina Kelly'

Regina Kelly: Hey Fred, I can help with your update concerns.

Regina Kelly: Are you chatting in about the number 614419****?

Fred: yes and yes

Fred: and also 614-419-####

Regina Kelly: OK, Thanks!

Regina Kelly: Did you check your phone for any available updates?

Fred: yes about once a month since Nov. of 2013 when the update was first promised

Regina Kelly: What software version are you using at this time?

Fred: 4.1.1

Fred: Motorola support say the update to 4.4 was released to At&t some time ago

Regina Kelly: I am not showing that the 4.4.4 is available for the Motorola Atrix.

Regina Kelly: The latest update is 4.1.1

Fred:"From MOTO Support Site" ATRIX HD This device will be upgraded to KitKat (Android 4.4) Do you have the latest Motorola software? Find out.

Fred: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/software-upgrade-news/g_id/1949/action/auth#gs=eyJnd...

Regina Kelly: As of now, we do not have a newer update that is available for your model device.  I understand that Motorola has released the update, but we have not released to our customers.

Fred: y

Regina Kelly: Because we have not released it yet.

Regina Kelly: Once the update is perfected and available we will send it over the air to our customers.

Fred: it's been over a year since moto released it

Regina Kelly: I understand. I apologize about any inconvenience.

Fred: I'm not looking for an apology I'm looking to for a software update

Regina Kelly: It is not available at this time.

Fred: can u Escalate this problem up the ladder to an engineer?

Regina Kelly: We are aware of the update not being available yet.  When the manufacture releases an update, we still have configure to work properly on our network. 

Fred: funny that Verizon got theirs done a year ago

Fred: do they have better engineers?

Fred: or just a better network?

Regina Kelly: I wouldn't have information about a different carrier's network.

Fred: so will this ever happen or are they just trying out wait us till we all just break down and get new phones?

Regina Kelly: I am sure we are working on it.

Fred: :-) sure they are

Regina Kelly: Do you have any other issue that I can address?

Fred: I guess not since you really haven't addressed this one !

Regina Kelly: Sorry you didn't get the answers you would have liked.

Regina Kelly: Have a great evening!  Thank you for being a part of AT&T.  You may now click the close button to end our session.

Your AT&T representative has closed the chat session.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 65 of 85

Glad, I ditched AT&T.... Figures.... 
MajorLag
Punch Card
Message 66 of 85

Eagle328 said:

Glad, I ditched AT&T.... Figures....

View original

Eagle

if I unlocked my Atrix HD from at&t and moved it to T-Mobile would it update to 4.4 there?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 67 of 85

I wouldn't think so. I did unlock mine and used it on Tmobile for a while but it's still ATT that would need to release it. Since it was only made for ATT. I'm glad to hear it was not Motorola's fault. I'm sure Motorola is not allowed to say it was being held by ATT. This has happened in the past with  carriers. 
MajorLag
Punch Card
Message 68 of 85

What Regina Kelly was really trying to say was sorry but we just really don't want to take the time to make sure all of our AT&T Bloatware apps will work with 4.4.* on a perfectly good but older phone that we no longer sell or make any money on.

Hell we just got 4.4.4 working on the moto-x a view days ago while everyone else has already released 5.

(Bloatware will be their downfall)

Have a nice day!

howie1976
What's DOS?
Message 69 of 85

Version History

Latest version:  98.5.38.MB886.ATT.en.US

Version

Release Notes 

98.5.38.MB886.ATT.en.US

View

98.4.20.MB886.ATT.en.US

View

77.12.22.MB886.ATT.en.US

View

I don't see anything here that says motorola updated to 4.4.4.  Or are they just going by what at&t has available?

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 70 of 85

For our ATRIX HD users on AT&T:

We apologize that we and AT&T will not be upgrading Atrix HD to Android KitKat, as we had hoped. We know how important software upgrades are to our customers, and we're very sorry that our two organizations were unable to follow through in this case.

We would like to offer something to people who purchased this device when we believed we would be able to offer the upgrades.

Please click here for more details.

We know that some of our Atrix HD users will still be disappointed, but we hope that this helps to make amends.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!