cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IronTechmonkey
What's DOS?
Views: 615
Message 71 of 85

Re: Atrix HD is getting Android 4.4 Kit Kat :)

Matt, appreciate your at least providing closure especially since no one else has ever done so, and don't take this personally but this is a screwed up move....and that compensatory offer is an insult.

Phones older than ours have been updated, and this device (AHD/MB886) is more than capable. I expect this from AT&T but not from Moto - who must no longer care about brand loyalty (AT&T never cared about such things). I don't think the "decision makers" at Google, AT&T and Moto realize what they have done to the brand, or they have decided that decades of reputation (1987-2015, in my case) are not worth preserving.

What is Motorola really going to do to compensate for screwing over brand loyalists? This is a serious question with long term ramifications to which the paltry promotional offer does not speak. Motorola needs to prove that they can get this right at least one time and that includes managing the provider.

preed4962
Paper Tape
Message 72 of 85

$399 for a 16GB phone?  No thanks.  After nearly two years this is seriously what they offer?  Wow.

IronTechmonkey
What's DOS?
Message 73 of 85

preed4962 said:

$399 for a 16GB phone?  No thanks.  After nearly two years this is seriously what they offer?  Wow.

View original

Ya, seriously. It would be less offensive (but still a betrayal) without that bit of promotional crap.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 74 of 85

It is not our finest hour, and I know that this is not what you hoped for. We wanted to do something.

There were some errors in the original posting that have been corrected. The Moto X Pure is $299, not $399. 

I appreciate you guys took the time to respond. Your feedback is being shared internally.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
IronTechmonkey
What's DOS?
Message 75 of 85

Just to make sure these points don't get missed.

- It does not matter if we purchased the phone with expectations of the upgrade. The fact is that most other phones in this cohort have been updated -- without a year of being strung along.

- The sloppy and fluid nature of Android security puts an obligation on device manufacturers to keep them updated. Note: This was written on on a 6 year old desktop and 10 year old laptop for which security updates are still being released.

Feh!

MajorLag
Punch Card
Message 76 of 85

WOW a whole $50.00 Discount as long as you do it before July 15th when the price drops to $299 for everyone and they announce the Moto x generation 3 2015.  lmao They should have made the announcement on April fools day..

My wife's 3 and a half year old iPhone 4s is still getting all the latest and greatest apple ios updates.(and they actually work)

I've had Motorola mobile phones since my first one took up the whole trunk of car.

IronTechmonkey
What's DOS?
Message 77 of 85

MajorLag said:

WOW a whole $50.00 Discount as long as you do it before July 15th when the price drops to $299 for everyone and they announce the Moto x generation 3 2015.  lmao They should have made the announcement on April fools day..

My wife's 3 and a half year old iPhone 4s is still getting all the latest and greatest apple ios updates.(and they actually work)

I've had Motorola mobile phones since my first one took up the whole trunk of car.

View original

Motorola could give us the kernel to work on, and this has been requested in private messages to both Matt at this thread and Davis Schuster at his Google + account, but there has been no answer to either request.

So... we get an insecure but otherwise viable OS that has been abandoned within a reasonable lifespan for the device and a shorter lifespan than other devices have been afforded. The fact that that company representation has retreated into the shadows without responding to that request doesn't not help Motorola.

The_Voyager
What's DOS?
Message 78 of 85

Somehow, 'I told you so' doesn't seen to cut it. I left Lenovorola over a year ago, for a Nexus 5 from Google. Software updates now come straight from the source, no bloatware included! (I am actually running M right now, no bugs and great performance.)  Can't say I was sorry to go, or I miss my Atrix HD. Still don't understand why the update never made it when the phone's peers had it. 

hialeah
What's DOS?
Message 79 of 85

Motorola's offer made on June 2 was disingenuous. Giving consumers only 28 days to take advantage of the offer is no offer at all. How were owners of the Atrix HD suppose to even know about the offer? I guess it would have been too easy to have ATT send us a text message informing us of the offer. How many Atrix owners spend all day looking at mobile phone publications, not many.

If a company actually wants a target group to take advantage of an offer, they keep the offer available for a REASONABLE amount of time, like 90 days and they find a way to communicate the offer to the target group, Motorola did neither.

I am very interested in the offer and would use the discount to purchase a new Pure Edition but the offer is already expired and I am not happy about that and would love for David Schuster to explain why the offer was so short lived, probably because Motorola really did not not want Atrix HD owners to know about the offer in the first place.

MajorLag
Punch Card
Message 80 of 85

MajorLag said:

View original

I think this post of my mine back on June 17th pretty much hit the nail on the head.