cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IronTechmonkey
What's DOS?
Views: 410
Message 81 of 85

Re: Atrix HD is getting Android 4.4 Kit Kat :)

hialeah said:

Motorola's offer made on June 2 was disingenuous. Giving consumers only 28 days to take advantage of the offer is no offer at all. How were owners of the Atrix HD suppose to even know about the offer? I guess it would have been too easy to have ATT send us a text message informing us of the offer. How many Atrix owners spend all day looking at mobile phone publications, not many.

If a company actually wants a target group to take advantage of an offer, they keep the offer available for a REASONABLE amount of time, like 90 days and they find a way to communicate the offer to the target group, Motorola did neither.

I am very interested in the offer and would use the discount to purchase a new Pure Edition but the offer is already expired and I am not happy about that and would love for David Schuster to explain why the offer was so short lived, probably because Motorola really did not not want Atrix HD owners to know about the offer in the first place.

View original

Well put. Also, in regards to any sense of brand or company identity and reputation, I don't think there is much of a "company" left at Motorola Mobility who are now in the process of laying off 500 employees. Like a skink that may shed it's tail when attacked by a predator, Motorola shed its mobile device business to carnivorous and all consuming Google who, after tanking it, left some scraps for Lenovo. As to that offer - it was paltry to the point of insult to offer such an expensive item that is effectively a downgrade from the Atrix HD if one considers more than just processing power (although I am certainly not knocking you for liking that phone Smiley Happy). I sent private messages to Davis Schuster and Matt, and left public requests for the kernel so at least Devs could work with it but got no response whatsoever. Feh.

MajorLag
Punch Card
Message 82 of 85

Not if you noticed but this thread was removed from the forum list and marked as closed after the offer was made. Only those that have posted in past still have access.
IronTechmonkey
What's DOS?
Message 83 of 85

True that, but I couldn't resist shaking my fist at the sky after hearing about those layoffs.

btw: First Moto device here... under dash radios and grey brick shaped walkie talkies. At least we did not have to keep those in the trunk.

MajorLag
Punch Card
Message 84 of 85

MajorLag said:

Not sure if you noticed but this thread was removed from the forum list and marked as closed after the offer was made. Only those that have posted in past still have access.View original

I'm sure they don't want any potential customers to see how they will be treated after they buy.

But I still have to admit that a lot of (if not most) the blame goes to AT&T Moto did release the code to them and they chose not to push the kitkat update to us. (I'm thinking it would have been to much trouble to update all their Bloatware)

There's a lot to be said for the way apple supports their iphones even the models they are no longer actively selling..

But again that is not so much a Motorola problem as it is an Android  industry wide problem.. Oh Well frown

IronTechmonkey
What's DOS?
Message 85 of 85

Yep, AT&T seems to have earned the blame for both the failure to update and the lack of communication.